Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I ran across this video of a guy I used to know when I lived in NC. Not a friend, just someone I met a few times at a pig pickings. I see he found the spoon lady or maybe the spoon lady found him? Be sure and check out the lyrics. And I'm not responsible, if this song gets stuck in your head all day long.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I ran across this video of a guy I used to know when I lived in NC. Not a friend, just someone I met a few times at a pig pickings. I see he found the spoon lady or maybe the spoon lady found him? Be sure and check out the lyrics. And I'm not responsible, if this song gets stuck in your head all day long.

Wow, just wow. That was amazing. The lyrics, the sound and dang the spoons! I have never seen anyone play them like that, I have seen some spoon players while living in Arkansas, but she is amazing.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This evening my DD and I were having a phcon in which she made a comment that I WISH I had known was coming, to have recorded it! It was....

"I guess I need to learn to milk a goat!" WHAT?:epshe really said that!!??!!

It was even stranger than if she'd announced she'd become a vegetarian -- 90% of which she won't eat! She buys organic milk, won't even taste this milk because it's from a "goat", as if it's a bad thing.🙄. I can only guess that it was because I had stated I get $6 a gal to sell. So, a $ thing. :idunno:old. Well, I'll take it anyway because I have no one to milk, should there ever be a need for a sub. So I'll offer a lesson once kidding starts.:lol:. Bet that'll be interesting. She'll feed, water, etc....never this. 🙃

We had been discussing things to do on farm for income. Gardening, flowers(her thing), eggs, milk, soaps, etc. Mainly tossing things out there as my own thoughts to consider more home time for me....as in one day I'd quit my "job" maybe, staying home. Plus the local markets we have around us. She used to garden more, when married and her DH ate veggies. They raised exotic birds, too. Fun, not business.

Some days are a surprise. :hu
Dried flower things should sell well..

Dried wreaths.. things you can put on the wall..... etc.

I really liked the straw flowers the kids and I grew. They last for forever, and it is cool because when the air is dry the flowers open more and when the air is humid they close up a little

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah...sad for people. Hate to see my gasoline keep going up!!! With that, transportation makes everything else go up. The senior horse feed I use is up 25% in a year....horse dewormer is 100% increased. 😶 not all transport but price increases are out of hand! Where is all of this going?!.

So I'm having this hot coffee, bought on sale a few months back, thinking....will a cup at home cost what's at Starbucks now, in 6 months? 🤔 😁 that's about when my current stash starts to run out. Two things I can't produce, must buy...gas & coffee. :idunno

I like to control my spending and being frugal, careful and SS is critical. I can accept paying a higher amount for direct costs but, big corps that show huge profits really get to me. Especially when farmer sourced input is not an increased pay out to them. Make sense? Well, you can tell I'm not pleased with "corporate" America. No fairness.

Have another cup!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So I'm having this hot coffee, bought on sale a few months back, thinking....will a cup at home cost what's at Starbucks now, in 6 months? 🤔 😁 that's about when my current stash starts to run out. Two things I can't produce, must buy...gas & coffee. :idunno
I'm giving up caffeine for lent, wanna join me? :lol: