Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I officially live in Groveton. We brought the dogs and sheep home on Friday. They are settling in, been working on pasture fence with friends. Have a few more tweaks before I can let the sheep and dogs out. Have unpacked a lot of boxes, still have them everywhere!

I need to stock up on COFFEE! Where to put it? I miss my pantry! Not enough room here. I keep finding boxes marked kitchen pantry and yell, NOOOOOO! Not another box!!!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I officially live in Groveton. We brought the dogs and sheep home on Friday. They are settling in, been working on pasture fence with friends. Have a few more tweaks before I can let the sheep and dogs out. Have unpacked a lot of boxes, still have them everywhere!

I need to stock up on COFFEE! Where to put it? I miss my pantry! Not enough room here. I keep finding boxes marked kitchen pantry and yell, NOOOOOO! Not another box!!!!
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pantry+cabinets&iax=images&ia=images

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cows are smart, they seem to know the best hay is in the middle. This is the 4th hay round I've fed them since late December. It seems they average a hay round about every 3 weeks. That's not to bad actually. They prefer grazing and the pasture should start greening up again soon.
IMG_20220228_130120672_HDR.jpg

My wife is funny... She said that hay round is delicious, if you're a cow!

I still have 5 rounds left so not too conserned about setting the round on the open ground at this point. The feeder works well because it keeps loose hay inside the feeder. But the round is still sitting on the ground and I don't like that much. I might try and hillbilly something better to keep the round off the ground but still confined and dry. maybe, IDK... Any advise? 🤔
download.jpeg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

I shouldn't laugh... but... since my pantry issues are in the PAST, I can see the funny side.

This house that we live in now has a huge pantry... shortly after moving in... after getting the pantry nicely full.. ALL THE SHELVES ON ONE SIDE FELL OFF THE WALL!

Everything from the pantry had to be put on the dinningroom table... and the dinning room bench... and the chairs... and in the livingroom.... :thI had had no idea that so much "stuff" was in there...until it had to alll be stacked elsewhere!

I sure was happy when I got all the shelves back on the wall... this time done correctly....

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cows are smart, they seem to know the best hay is in the middle. This is the 4th hay round I've fed them since late December. It seems they average a hay round about every 3 weeks. That's not to bad actually. They prefer grazing and the pasture should start greening up again soon.
View attachment 18365

My wife is funny... She said that hay round is delicious, if you're a cow!

I still have 5 rounds left so not too conserned about setting the round on the open ground at this point. The feeder works well because it keeps loose hay inside the feeder. But the round is still sitting on the ground and I don't like that much. I might try and hillbilly something better to keep the round off the ground but still confined and dry. maybe, IDK... Any advise? 🤔
View attachment 18366

:idunno

Back in Texas we never fed rounds... just squares.... had an old barn with a huge long hay feeder where you could dump in hay from an elevated walkway. Pretty sweet.

Up here we on occasion fed rounds... but I peeled and fed a single day at a time.. but I never had a big herd.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goats think rounds are a plaything, then a napping location! Yes they eat center climb in and could be smothered. So gotta be unaccessible. So. I use squares. Have a trough in barn, not on their side, bad weather use. They can get a head to, not a body. 😁. Can't use once kids arrive as they find a way to crawl in and nap, so closed off then. Unrolled one daily, ONE time....back to squares!

Horses, no problem!! Trough in their barn and they politely eat hay there.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH came home with all this wood this weekend, so I spent most of yesterday afternoon (in the 45 F sun-it was lovely) tearing it apart for chicken runs and hopefully another coop. My shoulders and back are sore today, but it is so nice to think winter will be behind us soon. I miss working outside, winters are so long.

Attachments

• 20220228_143500.jpg
    20220228_143500.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 63

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Yay! Woohoo! Congratulations!!! Long road, I’m so glad you’re there officially.
Box forts for the grand babies!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH came home with all this wood this weekend, so I spent most of yesterday afternoon (in the 45 F sun-it was lovely) tearing it apart for chicken runs and hopefully another coop. My shoulders and back are sore today, but it is so nice to think winter will be behind us soon. I miss working outside, winters are so long.

noice! :)