Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The tornado was about 10 miles from us but the damage is still insane. A couple towns over lost power. We are fine thankfully. Just some blow down barns and some fallen fences.
Sometimes you just gotta count your blessings. What's a barn or fence compared to your home or your lives.

Ha I didn't think about it that way. The driver is about 20 lbs. You lift it and slam it down on top of the t-post 9 to 11 times to it drive down about 20 inches. Who needs a costly gym membership, when you got 5 acres to fence? 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I enjoy the hard work on my farm, it keeps me in good physical shape.

Coffee is ready, breakfast is not. LOL LOL

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The tornado was about 10 miles from us but the damage is still insane. A couple towns over lost power. We are fine thankfully. Just some blow down barns and some fallen fences.
That is scary! I was similar distance away from a tornado and it definitely can change a person's perspective. It sticks with a person too! I have been nervous about severe thunderstorms since.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is scary! I was similar distance away from a tornado and it definitely can change a person's perspective. It sticks with a person too! I have been nervous about severe thunderstorms since.
It was very scary! All I could think the whole time was whether or not my birds and cattle were ok.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got so much rain yesterday evening and last night that this is what I found on the drainage side of the pond. For some reason that inner voice told me I should go check the pond, so I did. I seen them and grabbed a bucket, got some water and counted 20 large mouth bass that I picked up and tossed back into the pond. No catfish, just bass. Most were still flopping around so maybe they will make it, IDK... Never a dull moment around here, that's for sure.

Now I need to do something about the overflow/drainage side of the pond. To keep those rascals in the pond. I should also walk the trench and see how far they got 🙄 the overflow is still flowing pretty good.
IMG_20220307_112043310_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
😂 I walked the fence row with a 5 gallon bucket. Cows seen me and came running and jumping. Followed me till they couldn't anymore, then mooed at me. Sorry guys nothing for you in this bucket 😂. Yep they are most definitely bucket trained now.

Good news is I didn't find anymore fish, so I believe I got them all. But what a predator attraction that could have been... Fish dinner 😋

I guess this week I'll have to stand up some chicken wire around the the overflow. That will work temporarily, until I can do something proper with the bobcat, pipe, cement and some dirt. It's nothing but mud out there right now, so it'll have to wait until it dries up some. Sounds like a good summer project to me.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nothing spectacular as far as weather here today-upper 20s--but in the chicken run it is about 40 so I masked up and took out about 3 feed bags of run material for gardens/compost/etc. Has been in there since last July so broken down well. will be adding the coop material in another week or so to the run and then some woodchips. LOVE spring! Fresh and new

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Perhaps I shouldn't share this but I'm going to anyways. So you may have heard me say that "my wife has her ways" with the farm animals. Well...

I've seen this tin in the cave for a while now. I never thought much about it. But I had to move it this evening and it made noise. So I opened it up and what do I find? Animal Crackers! Then I started putting two and two together 🤔. So I asked my wife, what's in the tin out there in the cave? She said animal crackers. I said and let me guess you feed the animals animal crackers right? She said yes but they are only a treat along with some sweet talk.

I smacked myself on the forehead and said no wonder the animals follow you around all over the place. Then I said even the ducks? She said they are animals aren't they? So there you have it, the secret sauce behind "my wife has her ways"

Animal crackers are for animals 🤫
IMG_20220308_223213338.jpg