Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My mom bought a pressure canner forever ago when her homeschooling mom friends promised to teach her how. We moved with the canner, still in original box, at least five times. Her friends never really taught her and my mom has never canned by herself. Then I decided to try canning because I was reading a book on self-sufficiency and remembered we had a pressure canner. boy oh boy do I feel foolish for teasing her all those years. I teased her about her jar buying habits too...Right now I’m about to buy 6 dozen pint jars and some half pints. I would like to note, we still have the original box to store the canner in. But it is now “my” canner lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep. Like everything, prices rising!!! This unit I have was in orig box, which needed to be tossed.....the inside of canner had two pots still in orig paper wrapping! The old owner book, never opened, is a treasure! 🤣🤭. Just pics alone are a chuckle.

You lucked out....and should enjoy "your" canner! Buy those jars! :love:old

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I feel like I didn't even have a weekend. Oh well, today it is back to work and then headed to a neighboring town (30 min) to meet with their HS as my DD15 is interested in their online academy and the fact that she can still do 2 classes here at our district school.

Busy weekend, we worked all weekend long-spring is soooo busy (as you all know). We cut up and split and stacked wood. Built a temporary fence out of hardware cloth and wood posts for my edible garden that the bunnies have been sampling. Lots of watering and mulching. And I got all the tomatoes in their forever pots and everything in the ground that I will be planting this year.

Today is normal actual job work and then headed to the local CSA farm today for an hour. They are letting me work for my share this year-I just need to get in 54 hours and I get a bushel of food a week from June to Oct :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
local CSA farm today for an hour. They are letting me work for my share this year-I just need to get in 54 hours and I get a bushel of food a week from June to Oct :)
Oooh, I love that!! 👍. I'd jump on it if one around here. Instead. I'm having to be my own, personal CSA. :lol: not going well with everyday rains. Whole thing to be retilled, then planted.....rain again this afternoon. 🤪:he. It's sunshine and roses right now!

Back to work today for me. All week, in fact. I was home 5 of 7 days last week, Which was great except rain almost every day. ☹️. Got some things done anyway, little here and there. At least several of those small, odd things got done!😁

Hoping the tractor tiller gets here next day or two so garden gets going, finally! 🤞

Latest posts