Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
it is a shame that we don't have an easy way to teleport goodies and supplies around to those who need them. i have extras i'm not too likely to be using and the space they're taking up could be used for other things instead.
If you have a church set it up there. People often go to churches for food or extra products. Or, someone will often have a job traveling and be able to distribute. I have someone on my church who’s job brings them to a lot of elderly people’s houses.
If you don’t have a church check your community center or library, just ask around.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After 22 years here, I'm hoping some SS and sharing people are moving into neighborhood.

A new family moved in about 6 months ago, we introed and talked. Today I saw her in her yard and stopped to say how glad I was to see gardening, a couple chicken tractors. Etc. She also just started meat rabbits and has laying hens. We looked at her greenhouse(there at buy), etc. She's interested in goat milk and learning to can! I gotcha gal! 😊. Shares that they shared butchering work with neighbor across from them. He has a big plucker! Told her I want in on this group. Who knew -- my neighborhood is becoming SS!! Bet we have a lot to share. :love

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who knew -- my neighborhood is becoming SS!! Bet we have a lot to share. :love
That's awesome! My neighbors started a garden this year. Three whole 25 ft rows! But, hey - it's a start. I gave her some sweet potato slips but I'm not sure they ever got 'em in the ground. I told her I'd teach her to can also. She's a lot of fun and I'd love to teach her and maybe even her daughter!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After 22 years here, I'm hoping some SS and sharing people are moving into neighborhood.

A new family moved in about 6 months ago, we introed and talked. Today I saw her in her yard and stopped to say how glad I was to see gardening, a couple chicken tractors. Etc. She also just started meat rabbits and has laying hens. We looked at her greenhouse(there at buy), etc. She's interested in goat milk and learning to can! I gotcha gal! 😊. Shares that they shared butchering work with neighbor across from them. He has a big plucker! Told her I want in on this group. Who knew -- my neighborhood is becoming SS!! Bet we have a lot to share. :love

oh that's great news! :) if anything it is always wonderful when your neighbors turn out to be compatible.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
.Yippee...
Never heard of such a thing... But I guess they come in all different sizes and colored patterns.

Probably not important as they are already in the US, but it would be interesting to know country of origin.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score