Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Another two round of storms today. The one this morning should just bring thunder, lightning and rain (pretty dark out there, feels like sunset) and afternoon ones they are predicting hail. I was supposed to go to the farm and work today, I am hoping we don't get a soaking rain and I can head out between the storms, can't work in goopy fields. Kids only have 3 more days of school left and then they are off on break--well not really off...youngest has summer school in June and a "don't forget your skills" class in July (it is pretty cool, they have the kids for half days for 3 weeks and play games that focus on reading and math so that kids don't forget anything they learned over the summer) and then oldest has 3 online classes this summer, she is so close to graduating!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sunshine! Low 80s already...heading to mid 90s! 😲

Checked doe/kid separations from yesterday. All good. Couple kids hollering, not bad. Only one doe calling -- the rest are currently taking a break nicely! Doeling's were left with moms. Sorry boys! 😁. Will milk three does in a while who had only boys. Little planting while somewhat less intense heat.

Need to garden at daybreak! 🤪

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20220530_172115139_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ... that will be us in a day or 2. I raked about 15-20 acres today... DS brought the tedder and tedded some of the heavier stuff out. I raked the one lighter field as they have had some sheep in there but it is way more than they could eat... then I worked on the bigger field. Some needed tedding but most I just turned up with the V-rake and the sun was out and the breeze blowing and it ought to make pretty good. Got about another 5-6 acres at this place and another 6-8 acres at another place, then DS will get it all baled before we get any forecasted rain/weather on Thursday aft and into Friday...
Trying to not do any extra tedding if the weather is cooperating... one less pass across the field, less fuel used... gotta save money if we can. But we will tedd it out if we are pushed to get it made before a rain....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ... that will be us in a day or 2. I raked about 15-20 acres today... DS brought the tedder and tedded some of the heavier stuff out. I raked the one lighter field as they have had some sheep in there but it is way more than they could eat... then I worked on the bigger field. Some needed tedding but most I just turned up with the V-rake and the sun was out and the breeze blowing and it ought to make pretty good. Got about another 5-6 acres at this place and another 6-8 acres at another place, then DS will get it all baled before we get any forecasted rain/weather on Thursday aft and into Friday...
Trying to not do any extra tedding if the weather is cooperating... one less pass across the field, less fuel used... gotta save money if we can. But we will tedd it out if we are pushed to get it made before a rain....

I hope yours does better than mine. They got 1/2 what they did last year from the same field.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸