Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom's going to put the deposit on this puppy for me. I'll pick him up in 3 weeks when I go visit. We've been looking for another dog to help around here. Standard Australian shepherd in blue merle and white.
View attachment 19059
I raised Aussies in my younger days. Be careful of too much white. For whatever reason, it is an indication of deafness. My female had one with a lot of white and the stud owners wanted me to kill it at birth. I refused and found the puppy a pet home. She couldn’t hear, her owner taught her hand signals.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I already inquired because of the deafness issue with blue merle. It's rare in dogs with only 1 copy. This was a tricolor to merle breeding so only 1 copy.

I teach hand signals and whistles as commands as well as spoken commands to my dogs. Pays off when a dog starts going deaf as well. My german shepherd is fairly deaf now but does ok with the whistles. She was using my aussie mix as a hearing assistant dog so we didn't notice until he died.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Much less white than the other picture showed. Mom put down my deposit. Good thing I'd messaged the lady as all the puppies are sold as of this morning.

Trying to decide on a name for him.
6789.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love Aussies, they are such good dogs. Brilliant smart, they have to stay busy. My last one was more relaxed and laid back, no chasing a ball for her! All 3 of my granddaughters crawled to her, hanging tightly to her fur and used her to pull up and stand. After my Mom’s stroke, she became Mom’s self appointed companion and was a great comfort.

I wish y’all many years of love and laughter with Hermes!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The puppy is adorable! 🤗. I'd like to cuddle that one! Love the color.

Lovely outside right now....rain coming late day. I need to get my lazy self out and doing chores. For some reason I'm slacking this morn. Time for a mirror pep talk. :lol: I have lots to do out there AND go to work. Where does the time go? 🤷

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The puppy is adorable! 🤗. I'd like to cuddle that one! Love the color.

Lovely outside right now....rain coming late day. I need to get my lazy self out and doing chores. For some reason I'm slacking this morn. Time for a mirror pep talk. :lol: I have lots to do out there AND go to work. Where does the time go? 🤷

puppy breath is a drug.