Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Beautiful day. Third day of cemetery flag postings, all told we posted over 2,000 flags.

Bittersweet as I have been doing this with this group for over 10 years as staff and this is the last year.

Two years of COVID lockdowns and other social changes have destroyed the organization.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Time to be thinking about winter food for the cattle. I really like the smell of fresh cut hay 👍 cattle are back up in the pasture by the barn, until the the hay is baled.

IMG_20220528_164634409_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gonna be hot and humid today. Yesterday was mowing and putting in a new post for the driveway gate. Today will be splitting and stacking wood, trimming up some chicken toenails, farmers market, weeding, and planting out new melons/pumpkins seeds for the spaces that haven't come up.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal you had a busy, productive day. But a way busier one today! :oops:

@FarmerJamie enjoy that visit!! It's a good day away from home (& canning🤣).

Yesterday -- I made a run to feed store, home and began putting extra wire over some CPs and gates for the weaner kid field. Finished at feed time. Today the hard part ... Separating those little rascals! 🤪. They follow mom too well, sometimes! They're really fast! They pretty much look alike as most are white. Yeah, gonna be fun. The moms will follow me away from them once separated with a feed bucket in hand. There are 5 doeling's to stay with does...🤷

So I'm "hoping" I can accomplish this with time left to recover. 🤣.

I want to garden today. High hopes, for sure. It's a goal.:lol:. Day's just starting.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Cloudy and cozy here, feels like it will rain. DH is mowing the lawn and I just finished up a small work deadline I told my boss I'd have done by Tuesday a.m. (and schedule send to keep her expectations low, I don't send anything early...)

I need to balance housework and my next work deadline which is mush more significant. (uggh)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rain all morning then humid. Lazy day for at least one of us today!

We've got two kitties coming as soon as they are weened. This is what my wife informed me of anyways. She's allergic to their fur so I guess they will be yard/barn cats. I am not allergic and like them.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸