Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Made my first batch of mozzarella! 👍 it's a messy process...er, I was messy. 🤣
Gotta say there were moments of doubt throughout the process. But I have a little over a pound chilling. Will report on results later. 🤷 looks ok...but? 🤔🤞

First thought -- finally! Can't believe it. If not what I want when I use it, well adjustments can happen...nice and white. Maybe a tiny pizza tonight -- if I have any adventure left in me. 😊. Almost time for chores, again...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like old houses, when I see one I stop and take pictures. Just something about an old house that I enjoy looking at. There is some beautiful woodwork on the exterior of this one. I can only imagine what woodwork is on the inside.

The front is a thing of beauty and craftsmanship. Check out the bump out on the left side, partly hidden by trees. Sure it needs a coat of paint, but I look past that, it's just paint.
IMG_20220717_152235459.jpg

This is the side. Take note of the corner window and the beautiful wood working carries around to the side of the house. The roof is continuous also. There has to be 40 foot long rafters in that roof probably 2x6 white oak that's what most old houses are framed with around here.
IMG_20220717_152304040.jpg

I couldn't get a picture of the back or the side with the bump out due to trees.

I could imagine myself, although younger, putting the face on this pretty lady. Standing on scaffolding with a hand saw hanging on my side, folding tape in my pocket, pencil behind my ear, hammer in my hand and a mouth full of nails.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love old houses too and really wanted an old farmhouse to fix up. But I got a 23 year old double wide. It’s immaculate, I could have moved right in, but I want to change the mobile home look inside to looking like a farmhouse. Y’all wish me luck.

Day 4 and still taking down trim. Gadzooks!! There is so much of it!

With knee replacement surgery looming on September 27, I’m not going to get totally moved. I’ll do good to get the inside of the house done, pens for sheep and dogs and a long span of wire ran to complete a pasture. This one field has 3 sides in field fence, I can fence the other side and it comes together across the driveway at the house. I’ll be able to hobble across the driveway to feed and water. I’ll have my Kawasaki mule parked at back door. LOL 100 degree temperatures and drought are not helping any right now.

I’m stressing over not getting totally moved, but son says don’t worry about it. Well I am. I’ve worked so hard on his house to get it ready to sell and it has come a long way. If I can’t get all my farm stuff moved, then it will sit here all winter until spring. My winter will consist of going to therapy, feeding sheep and dogs and not much else.

Son was in Kentucky on a job, now he is in Nebraska. No telling where to next.

So I’m going to give it my best shot, but stop or at least slow down in order to rest up before surgery. I moved here, plus fixing up the inside of this house, in 63 days. Exhausted, worn out, I collapsed and got Covid for a second time. I absolutely cannot do that this time.

I am so Blessed to have a good son who has provided me a place to live while going through the selling/moving/buying/moving process.

It’s crunch time.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Since you have said the turns are tight at new farm , you may want to consider moving those containers before upping fence in case they had to drive thru the field? Then storage there for things to move and deal with later.

Today I have a work schedule and farm schedule. Something gets moved. 🤔

My cheese tastes great. Seems a little tight...maybe a few drops less rennet next batch. Yes I will do again..even with messy.😁😁. I can deal since I know why and how now. Besides, milk keeps coming. Cheese is expensive...I can turn one into the other with everything here to do. It melted and grated beautifully. I'll do more, then attack the cheddar challenge. 🤗👍. A clean up and good night's sleep make you fearless! 🤣

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We only had plane crop dusters back where I grew up. The airstrip was only 2 miles as the crow flies from my Grandmother's house.
Double whammy... Plane came Friday, helicopter today same fields. Planes are cooler to watch. I'm pretty sure fields were dusted for silk worms.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's nice to walk into clean and orderly! Housekeeper day was my favorite -- when I had one, so many years ago! 🤔😔.

it was a bargain for me to have someone come and vaccuum, dust and clean the bathroom once a month. best $40 i spent for the whole house.