Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, none of my leghorn broodies were stupid moms.

I have had a couple of Ameraucana bantams that were very stupid moms.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Silkies can be frustrating moms. If they are with the flock when chicks hatch, they will go park their butts between the food and water for a couple days. As in they won't even try to take the chicks back in their coop. There is rarely just one broody at a time. My silkies love to co-brood. One mom hides the chicks and the others attack.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I did not wake up on the stupid side of my morning. Look out for this scam

Screenshot_20220714-085925_Messages.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH got a phone call about 7pm one night last week. "Hello sir - this is XXXXX power company and because your account is past due we will terminate your service by 9pm unless you send pmt over the phone right now."

Power in Texas is very important right now - but we didn't just fall off the turnip truck, lol. Wrong power company(!) and we were in no way late on pmt.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH got a phone call about 7pm one night last week. "Hello sir - this is XXXXX power company and because your account is past due we will terminate your service by 9pm unless you send pmt over the phone right now."

Power in Texas is very important right now - but we didn't just fall off the turnip truck, lol. Wrong power company(!) and we were in no way late on pmt.

We had one of those last week. For "Pacific Electric" not mind you, Pacific Power which is a real company near here, but not the supplier here and definitely not eastern Oregon where my phone number gives as location.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

i feel sorry for people who get snared by such scams. :(

i always crack up laughing at the Microsoft scammers as if they really knew that i don't run Windows. if i felt like taking the time from them i could set up a honeypot fake system and play around with them and pretend to try to transfer money to them from a fake bank account or something, but really i just don't want to waste my time any more than answering their phone call has taken. most of the time i don't even say hello if i hear people talking in the background (like it is some kind of call center operation) and i just hang up. the delay and then beep and transfer to someone to talk to is a giveaway too. no, i don't really have people like that who normally would call me for any reason so any types of calls like that are not ones i'll talk to.

Last edited: