Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee, then get dressed, feed/water sheep, turn them and dogs out on this tiny pasture. Then to the farm to work! I’m starting to feel the effects of 2 weeks of fencing, climbing up and down ladders, work, work, work! I start out tired, end the day more tired and wake up at weird hours because I can’t turn my brain off.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Needing to do some outside work and gardening today while it is still cool. We are heading into another high heat week, in the 90s, it is August and we are usually hot and dry, though I don't think we can afford the dry part this year. My youngest turns 8 tomorrow and she has requested to go to our town's pool and splash pad-boring for me but fun for her :) and then she wants to go to this local animal farm sanctuary-they have a sheep named Oliver that she is in love with.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee, then get dressed, feed/water sheep, turn them and dogs out on this tiny pasture. Then to the farm to work! I’m starting to feel the effects of 2 weeks of fencing, climbing up and down ladders, work, work, work! I start out tired, end the day more tired and wake up at weird hours because I can’t turn my brain off.

mental health days off are allowed. check the weather forecast for the hottest day coming and take that day off. even if it means you are sitting there staring at the walls until you find something else more gentle on the body to do. are there any light tasks you can do inside for the day? sorting through small boxes of things? etc?

no need to make yourself sick or perhaps to be too injured to reach your other goals.

when it gets so hot i'd be melting.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You need to rest the body or you're gonna get sick again! :hugs
What I can’t get done in August can just wait until I recouperate from surgery. I have to finish taping and floating, sand, then I’m HIRING a guy to spray ceilings and walls with Kilz. A friend is coming to help with texturing. Then I’ll roll out paint. Trim can wait until I’m bored after surgery. I have a long span of wire to put up for the sheep and dogs, put up cow panel night pens, and I can move sheep and dogs. Not even going to try to get everything moved.

mental health days off are allowed. check the weather forecast for the hottest day coming and take that day off. even if it means you are sitting there staring at the walls until you find something else more gentle on the body to do. are there any light tasks you can do inside for the day? sorting through small boxes of things? etc?

no need to make yourself sick or perhaps to be too injured to reach your other goals.

when it gets so hot i'd be melting.
Don’t want you to melt! LOL I work outside in the mornings, go in the house and work in the afternoons.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m loving this sander with a pole handle! Don’t have to climb ladder to sand upper part of wall.

76800A62-E565-4D22-8177-3E8FDC1036FF.jpeg

This morning we hung a 16’ gate, dug up a H brace, moved it across the driveway and reset it, ram a short span of wire, made another H brace and Bennet pounded in 4 T-posts. I’ll clip them in the morning. We quit at 12 noon. Then I went inside and sanded, retouched the Seams, taped and floated 2 closets.

C6933D96-47BD-4F19-A36A-4F29A1C17C67.jpeg

BB547C9C-42C3-42E1-A44E-816E42283096.jpeg

9461713C-54DA-4170-B18F-9E0321BC3B6C.jpeg

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Two chicks have hatched but mama is keeping them protected well ;) I think she will be a good mama. I did see two small feathered butts and heard some peeps. I am going to move her, the remaining eggs and chicks later today to her pen in the coop ;)

Youngest daughters bday today, she is 8! She was hoping a chick was born in her bday, she is going to name it Alice (Al if it is a boy).

Attachments

• 20220730_055620.jpg
    20220730_055620.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 40