Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Hinotori What is your clam limit? Is that it for season?

@Trying2keepitReal the pics are lovely. Nice color on the first group of trees. We're a touch early here but our cool nights will change that...color soon😄

35 this morning :ep that's about 2 months early for those temps around here. I'd like to think the weather people are right this time -- just an unusual cold front. Thanks Canada? Supposed to be back to our normal 70 days & 50 nights...soon. good!!!👍

An oven roast will kill the chill...and give eats all week.😁

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just take of yourself for a little while longer Bay. We both know it will heal better by not F ing it up while it's still healing. I might still be wee pup, but do you remember the thread "You don't know true pain until"? I quit listing on there to not let everyone know what all I've done.
And to you and everyone else have a wonderful and blessed day.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Hinotori What is your clam limit? Is that it for season?

@Trying2keepitReal the pics are lovely. Nice color on the first group of trees. We're a touch early here but our cool nights will change that...color soon😄

35 this morning :ep that's about 2 months early for those temps around here. I'd like to think the weather people are right this time -- just an unusual cold front. Thanks Canada? Supposed to be back to our normal 70 days & 50 nights...soon. good!!!👍

An oven roast will kill the chill...and give eats all week.😁

15 per person per day. Usually it's around 2 pounds of cleaned razor clam meat per person. I normally freeze them, but I think I'll experiment with canning some sometime so can make quick chowder.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pacific razor clam
20221009_131356.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a pair of shrimp scissors that make it fast to clean. Bring water to a high simmer. Toss in a clam. Pull out as soon as it pops open and plunge into ice bath. Shell and sand all come off easy now. Snip off very tip of neck and open up both tubes of neck with scissors. Remove neck and lips of clam from foot and body. Carefully snip open body and remove guts and stile. Finish butterflying the foot. Rinse and bag both parts.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a pair of shrimp scissors that make it fast to clean. Bring water to a high simmer. Toss in a clam. Pull out as soon as it pops open and plunge into ice bath. Shell and sand all come off easy now. Snip off very tip of neck and open up both tubes of neck with scissors. Remove neck and lips of clam from foot and body. Carefully snip open body and remove guts and stile. Finish butterflying the foot. Rinse and bag both parts.
You realize I don’t quite get it? Clams have lips? On their neck? That would be hard to put lipstick on! LOL
If you wanted to take a few informative pictures, I’d have a much better idea. I’ve never gone “clamming” but if I ever do, I’d know how to clean them.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They're huge! We used to get cherrystones from Eastern Shore. Maybe size of half dollar.