Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry about your dog @Trying2keepitReal That is a hard one to tackle. :hugs:hit

DH has the discussion about how far we are willing to go with vet care, every time I take a pet to the vet. We both agree with quality of life over quantity.

I have been instructed to buy another lottery ticket tonights drawing. We had 0 numbers match on the last pair of tickets.
Thank you-we are the same quality of life for sure and she is in a lot of pain the vet said even with us giving her meds 3x/day.

We did not have any numbers on the last ticket either :) Good luck

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal i am so sorry about your dog. I’ve had 2 dogs struck down in their prime of life, by cancer. Try to treat them to extend their life, to me, is as cruel as the cancer. A hard decision, but the right one for your beloved pet. We owe them the best we can do for them. It hurts. I’ll be with you in spirit.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy Halloween 👻 We will be trick o treating today, the weather is going to be too amazing not too. Our youngest is at a stage where she is afraid of a lot so hopefully with momma and dad holding her hands she will be just fine.

Anyone buying a powerball ticket for tonight?! I will share if I win! :clapthat would be a good treat for today.

Sad news for us last week, took our dog in for a check up (diagnosed with cancer early Sept) as her hip was very swollen and she hasn't out weight on it for a couple days. The cancer has spread down her leg and into her pelvis and there are two hairline fractures in her upper leg. The vet said they could amputate but it wouldn't be a cure as they wouldn't be able to get all the cancer and it would maybe give us another month or so. So DH and I talked about it and with the amount of pain she is in and how hard recovery would be with winter coming, we have decided to put her down. Called the vet and got an appt for Thursday. Stinks.
I am so sorry, we lost dog #1,2, and 4 to cancer #3 had severe epilepsy.
And yes, it’s time. When their quality of life is at this point, as hard as it is to make that call we just don’t want them to suffer.
:hugs:hugs

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Monday morning coffee!

Inside chore day, you know the routine
Pick everything up, dust, keep laundry going, clean bathrooms, vacuum, dust again, wash dog spit off windows:gigand start mopping. I don’t have carpet so yes all rooms get mopped. Fill wood racks, sweep porches, and of course scoop poop in the coop, fill feed and wash the water jug,:caf drink a lot more coffee
1667220138955.png

Well little Cornelius is crowing, I guess he wants out of the coop.
Have a good day.

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so I went out to open the coop…
Ok, note to self,, don’t go out to coop without the flash light,,,
Powers out,, went out while I was out there,, hahaha I inched my way back to the house without falling,,,,
I am going hang the wet laundry by the wood stove,
In this area the power goes out a LOT

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My dad calls it Voluntary Taxation :gig

when the jackpot gets big enough it actually makes sense to give it a shot (but i've never done it). i don't even know how it works other than you can pick your own numbers or have the machine spit out some picked numbers for you. what i would really want is a way to make sure that nobody else has picked that combination and a guarantee that once i've got it nobody else can have those numbers. to me that just seems fairer. :)