Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I left this morning for PT and Sentry cried. He has separation anxiety from spending 5 nights at the vet office. When I got home, I went and got him and brought him in the house. I fixed us both a late breakfast. I’m in the recliner and he’s sacked out, snoring, on the floor. I’ll take him back outside after while and give Sheba treats. Sentry stayed outside last night and did good. This really shook him up and he’s scared to let me out of his sight. Poor baby.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Rib Steak" never heard of this cut before, im curious, 🤔 so I set one out to BBQ. If I were a betting man (which I'm not), but if I were, i'd bet it takes like beef 😂

Anyone ever heard of a rib steak before?
View attachment 20964

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

We always had them as steaks growing up. Mom preferred steaks to roasts.

It's cube steak that hubby does not like so I get it burgered.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got rib steaks with our first 1/2 beef we ordered. We didn't really like them, so I asked for something else when we ordered the second time. So the lady says "OK, no rib steaks, leave as a Prime Rib roast". So long story short - rib streak is a cut up rib roast.

I think they make a much better roast than a steak. I like Sirloin Steak, so what do I know. NY Strip Steak, no thank you mam. DH has me eating tenderloins now, but Sirloins is still my favorite.
First ever 1/2 beef so it's all learning at this point. I appreciate you and your honesty 💕. Who knows... might like it, might not. Ain't But one way to find out. If needed, we can adjust accordingly for the next 1/2.

We also got something called "Butcher's Steak". Again never heard of this cut before and I'm curious.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First ever 1/2 beef so it's all learning at this point. I appreciate you and your honesty 💕. Who knows... might like it, might not. Ain't But one way to find out. If needed, we can adjust accordingly for the next 1/2.

We also got something called "Butcher's Steak". Again never heard of this cut before and I'm curious.

I looked it up. Also known as hanger steak. It's between the brisket and flank and part of the plate.

Looks like it would make great tender fajitas. Just remove the tendon from the middle.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"Rib Steak" never heard of this cut before, im curious, 🤔 so I set one out to BBQ. If I were a betting man (which I'm not), but if I were, i'd bet it takes like beef 😂

Anyone ever heard of a rib steak before?
View attachment 20964

Around here we call it ribeye steak. It is our favorite! I will pay $13/# for it in the store. Ok, that was pre-Covid prices. I’d be lucky to find it for that now.

But we like it better than t-bone or porterhouse. Yes to grilling it, or sear it in a cast iron skillet!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And now you all had me looking up what primals are on deal at the restaurant supply. I have a vaccum sealer and am good with a knife. Boneless choice ribeye for $6.88/lb. I prefer select because the extra fat makes it more tender, but I live with choice many times because of the price. I'll have to check Costco Business Center. They get deals and sometimes even prime meat is really good deal.

I need some top loin to slice up for jerky. That sounds good.