Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Every year it's the same issue. My feet sweat that's all ok except when working outside in the cold. When my feet sweat my socks get wet, when my socks get wet and it's cold my feet get cold. When my feet get cold, my toes get painful because I got frost bitten toes when I was kid. The only thing that helps is foot warmers but they cause my feet to sweat more. How does one reduce the sweat coming off feet?

Maybe I should just change my profile name to Stinkfoot 😂

Thanks

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How does one reduce the sweat coming off feet?
I change socks after lunch or right after work before going home, and try to wear sandle's or some other shoe during lunch and on the drive home.
anti-perspirant

I've done that a few times. Not enough to tell a difference. I should all the time, I guess.
My feet/souls look sunburnt before even getting dressed when it gets bad.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Every year it's the same issue. My feet sweat that's all ok except when working outside in the cold. When my feet sweat my soaks get wet, when my socks get wet and it's cold my feet get cold. When my feet get cold, my toes get painful because I got frost bitten toes when I was kid. The only thing that helps is foot warmers but they cause my feet to sweat more. How does one reduce the sweat coming off feet?

Thanks

Wool socks. Even in summer. Wool thermoregulates so feet don't get over hot or cold. Yes they are more expensive than cheap cotton or rayon. They actually reduce sweating and wool keeps feet dry. Plenty of superwash wool socks on the market now. Less options for men. It's actually cheaper for me to get socks.

Hubby wears lighterweight ones that just cover his ankle. Haven't had smelly feet issues in years since he started wearing the wool.

You can also wear thin liner socks. Those are a hiking must

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wool socks. Even in summer. Wool thermoregulates so feet don't get over hot or cold. Yes they are more expensive than cheap cotton or rayon. They actually reduce sweating and wool keeps feet dry. Plenty of superwash wool socks on the market now. Less options for men. It's actually cheaper for me to get socks.

Hubby wears lighterweight ones that just cover his ankle. Haven't had smelly feet issues in years since he started wearing the wool.

You can also wear thin liner socks. Those are a hiking must
I had a buddy who wore thick wool socks all year. He said they helped wick sweat and greatly helped fatigue and sore spots from boots. I've tried it and it does help with comfort, fatigue and getting random sores/blisters on my feet. With the sweating no help to maybe worse. I still wear them a lot though, just change to thin cottons after work.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's brisk out there, it's also windy so that makes it even more brisk.

Every since the guineas showed up, I haven't let the crazy quacken out of the turkey yard. But I did today 👍 since the guineas we're standing at the fence to the turkey/duck yard. It's nice to see the crazy quacken and guineas get along.

I'm still wondering where these guineas came from? It's like they fell out of the sky or something. Not questioning why they are here, just wondering if they are someone's. I asked all my neighbors, not theirs. So I guess they have made their home here.

i would say it is because of the cattle and the open pastures. :) you supplied one part of the system and the rest of the system had a surplus and plugged in their parts. other parts are likely coming along too. keep watching cow tv and see what the next episode brings. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i wear crocs almost all the time outside including in the winter, sometimes i get some snow in them but just shake it out. i change socks when i come in. around the house i just wear tiny socks (barely to the ankle). for gardening i put a layer of tube knee socks over the other socks i normally wear to keep the dirt from getting too heavy on my feet. eventually i have to wash them a few times a week and then i oil them with tea tree oil between the toes to keep fungi from having too easy of a time down there.

for really deep snow i have a pair of sorells (i think they are called) and i take my socks off and wear those without socks at all. when i'm done shovelling i put them on the heater vent to get dried out completely. i've had those boots for over 30yrs now, never washed the liners or the boots inside. they don't smell at all. they are not tight fitting and my feet stay completely dry and warm even if i'm sweating it doesn't build up enough that i notice even after a few hours of hard shovelling.

have more than one pair of what you wear and make sure they are completely dried between uses is my general advice.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Every year it's the same issue. My feet sweat that's all ok except when working outside in the cold. When my feet sweat my socks get wet, when my socks get wet and it's cold my feet get cold. When my feet get cold, my toes get painful because I got frost bitten toes when I was kid. The only thing that helps is foot warmers but they cause my feet to sweat more. How does one reduce the sweat coming off feet?

Thanks

Lume cream works for my stinky teen's sweaty feet

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lume cream works for my stinky teen's sweaty feet
This is new to me, I've tried just about everything mentioned here but never heard of Lume Cream, I'm going to try the unscented one. I'll let you know how it works or doesn't. thank you 👍

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
boundaries , consistency, routine, and kind, clear expectations
Yep.

I am not a morning riser... so for us school started at 9.

If they had breakfast or not, that was their choice. BUT, all animal chores had to be done before the kid had food and water, and chores had to be done before school started.

I hated nagging or reminding... so when they were little I would set up a short line of M&Ms on their desks (I think 5). I would remove one M&M for every couple of minutes that they were late.

It sure made them move faster.

Made beds and general clean up had to be done before they got lunch.

I am down to only 2 kids now... and they are old enough that I no longer do much..... 9th and 11th grades.

Kid that graduated last spring is still home, but might be gone in the Spring. I like them home for at least the first semester of College.