Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This has been an interesting day. If the prevailing winds were about 15 degrees in direction to the south we would be getting western New York's multiple feet snowfall. Despite that, we have 6-9 inches predicted overnight. We got blasted yesterday unexpected, so I took the opportunity on a sunny day to get shopping done for the week.

Shopping was an adventure. Got in line behind an older gentleman who was really flustered trying to check out. The cashier was awesome and we had him laughing and smiling at the end. Lady behind me was being a grumpy butt, but my lighthearted banter put her on notice I would not tolerate any complaints.

On the way home (four lane divided highway), an SUV ahead of me lost control, went off the road, and rolled several times, ending up on the roof. Single vehicle involved. I was one of 10 cars stopping to help. I watched for oncoming traffic while 3 guys pulled the driver out (only person). Luckily, he was walking and talking fine when I left. People were still stopping to help when I left.

Finally, made one more stop and found a cellphone in the parking lot. Turned it in at the customer service desk. Was checking out, when the phone owner came in frantic. Cashier gave it to her and pointed me out for turning it in. She was so happy.

Wife is all set for her comfort needs now as her procedure recovery is painful and stressful. Made pumpkin bread this morning.

Am happy and thankful I made a difference today
Wow what an amazing day. You were through a Shepard today! I am sorry your wife is having pain and is stressed-sending LOTS of prayers her way.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This has been an interesting day. If the prevailing winds were about 15 degrees in direction to the south we would be getting western New York's multiple feet snowfall. Despite that, we have 6-9 inches predicted overnight. We got blasted yesterday unexpected, so I took the opportunity on a sunny day to get shopping done for the week.

Shopping was an adventure. Got in line behind an older gentleman who was really flustered trying to check out. The cashier was awesome and we had him laughing and smiling at the end. Lady behind me was being a grumpy butt, but my lighthearted banter put her on notice I would not tolerate any complaints.

On the way home (four lane divided highway), an SUV ahead of me lost control, went off the road, and rolled several times, ending up on the roof. Single vehicle involved. I was one of 10 cars stopping to help. I watched for oncoming traffic while 3 guys pulled the driver out (only person). Luckily, he was walking and talking fine when I left. People were still stopping to help when I left.

Finally, made one more stop and found a cellphone in the parking lot. Turned it in at the customer service desk. Was checking out, when the phone owner came in frantic. Cashier gave it to her and pointed me out for turning it in. She was so happy.

Wife is all set for her comfort needs now as her procedure recovery is painful and stressful. Made pumpkin bread this morning.

You're a Good Samaritan or a Hero which every way you look at it 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score

Wow! You rock! :hugs: to your wife during recovery. I hope this is the last procedure/recovery she needs to be well

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Mornin'! Gun deer hunt opening day. I'm a "hunting widow" :gig DH had coffee, I took a nap. 😁
I've been dragging all day.

DS15 is weeks into a rotten attitude. (Supervisor at library called him out on inappropriate behavior 2 weeks ago and he's butthurt, never got over it, but forgot what he's upset about, so its all my fault 🙄 )

I thought I was "just" stressed out, but now DS7 slept most of the day and had a high temp.

Hoping tomorrow is better 😑

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
all i have plans for is more cleaning and checking the worms (feeding, moisture levels and adding more bedding materials if needed, herding some small spiders). it will take me a while just to clear the space needed to get to the buckets to begin with since i have some seeds spread out drying. will have to stack those on the newly cleaned off desk. :) task for tomorrow will be to consolidate those drying seeds down into smaller things that can be cross stacked to continue drying...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good mornin all. 15 here this morn. I've been up a couple of hours and still haven't drank my coffee. I'm running backwards.

yeah, i know that feeling! :) 17F here and i'm glad there's not much wind out there, but i won't be going outside until later or tomorrow afternoon. i need to move the wheelbarrow out of the garage and back to where we normally store it. no rush... i'm not doing anything in the garage for the moment that needs that space...

seriously mundane stuff. :) it's ok.