Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze the county gov has robo called both my wife and my phones 3 times this evening already and the emergency broadcast on the radio keeps going off "winter storm warning". They are saying 3 to 6 inches. It's just snow, it happens every winter 🙄

it's a beautiful snow fall though, big wet sticky flakes and the trees look beautiful. I'm blocking the gov phone number so I can get some sleep. They called both our phones at 2:15 AM this morning.

Nitrogen is contained in snow so Almighty sending us some fertilizer to green things up come spring. Thanks again Almighty 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning to all my early birds and to the late risers!!!
FH doesn't have to be into work today because of the rain we're suppose to be getting but so far there's no sign of it so I think the weather was predicted wrong but who knows for sure. Just because it's not raining now doesn't mean it won't in a couple of hours but he was asked to come in by one of the supervisors for a half day of hours which is good so I can do what I need to do at our house while he's not here. When he is here, if I go to step out of the room it's "where are you going", "what are you doing" yet he tells me all the time to go about my day as if he was working. MEN ARE CONFUSING:idunno🫠🤥 FOR SURE!!!! No wonder our hair turns colors for us ladies before men's hair does.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee. Therapy this morning, then only one more left. I’m doing great!

Hahaha, my husband did the same thing. We’d be watching TV and I’d get up.
“Where are you going?”
“To the bathroom, or would you rather I sit in your lap?”

he was just wondering if you were going to get him a sandwich or a drink... :) i can eat a snack right in front of Mom and then come back to my room and start working on something and a few minutes later she'll ask me if i need anything. no Mom i'd have gotten it myself, but thank you for asking. :) a *hug* would be nice so i'm going to get up and go get one of those now. :) well, ok, i'll wait until she's done on the toilet...

it was funny, she asked me if i was ok, yes, i'm fine, i just wanted a real hug standing up, the past few days we've both been on different enough schedules that when she's been up i've been busy and hugs have only been sorta hugs when she's sitting down. so i wanted a real one. then she wouldn't let go, as a joke, she said she was stuck. :) we normally find something to laugh about. :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Multiple inches of snow inbound over night (4-6), low 40s tomorrow afternoon. Could get slickery

we have a light snow coming down and i sure like how it looks better than bare ground.

just called the propane company for our 2nd fill of the season. asked about the price and it hasn't changed. they buy enough for the entire season so they offer it at a fixed price for those who want to lock it in and you can tell them how many gallons, then after that it can float with the market price. i just do whatever they want, it's been a good company so far (since the original guy got bought out by another company when he retired - and then that company got sold to another and here we are)...

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
3:45 , it is cold this morning, I did not do my usual 4pm fill the inside wood rack so I had to do it first thing,
but coffee, fire, dogs, read a bit of news and weather,
Son came over yesterday to cut a load of firewood, he wasnt here long, he was getting his chores done before he goes back to work today.

dda0577edc6a2c8ddd7b3ada32cf1416.jpg

After I get done messing around with the garden seed, I have to get on this dusting, my nose is messed up,
woodstoves are great except for the dust

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dust? Yeah some here and no wood stove. 😂

Ya know how "they" say, not tracking you? Well adds are full -- valley vet, various greenhouse things. I did order stuff from Valley, nothing unusual there.....but, must have looked at a plant house🤷. Almost easier than actually looking for one.😂

Weather system draped across several states and moving along, some nasty stuff in there! I know, it's winter!! But I wanted to skip winter this year. It's why bears hibernate -- to skip winter! :idunno 🤔:oldthey have a "do not disturb" mode. :lol:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yes
Dust? Yeah some here and no wood stove. 😂

Ya know how "they" say, not tracking you? Well adds are full -- valley vet, various greenhouse things. I did order stuff from Valley, nothing unusual there.....but, must have looked at a plant house🤷. Almost easier than actually looking for one.😂

Weather system draped across several states and moving along, some nasty stuff in there! I know, it's winter!! But I wanted to skip winter this year. It's why bears hibernate -- to skip winter! :idunno 🤔:oldthey have a "do not disturb" mode. :lol:
, I get adds all the time for stuff I had looked up,
if you clear your cookies and browsing history they go away,,, until you look something else up

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good Morning to all my early birds and to the late risers!!!
FH doesn't have to be into work today because of the rain we're suppose to be getting but so far there's no sign of it so I think the weather was predicted wrong but who knows for sure. Just because it's not raining now doesn't mean it won't in a couple of hours but he was asked to come in by one of the supervisors for a half day of hours which is good so I can do what I need to do at our house while he's not here. When he is here, if I go to step out of the room it's "where are you going", "what are you doing" yet he tells me all the time to go about my day as if he was working. MEN ARE CONFUSING:idunno🫠🤥 FOR SURE!!!! No wonder our hair turns colors for us ladies before men's hair does.
But a man's beard generally turns gray before his wife's hair does 😂. It's our honor/beauty

Proverbs 20:29

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited: