Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter Do you feed that amount to cows 1x day? Or divided into 2 feedings?

Once a day about 4:30PM give or take an hour. They are on fresh pasture grasses, with free choice mineral/salt lick and fresh water the remaining time.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Once a day about 4:30PM give or take an hour. They are on fresh pasture grasses, with free choice mineral/salt lick and fresh water the remaining
I knew they were pastured, etc. Just thinking that, personally, I'd break it into 2 feeds, half each time. Of course my animals are smaller but, I just break big feedings smaller for their gut handling, especially on a weekly increase. Only wondering how you're doing it. 😁

Takes way less to fatten goats. :lol:

Having the morning brew...need a quick run to TSC this morning before chores even. If not, I'll get tied up out there and need this part for later today. Only 7 miles 😁

Needed stretches at once, getting out of bed, to even move.😱 Between my job this week and more fencing, pulling, lifting, I'm tight and achy. So it hurt but, had to get muscles in place -- 🙄 to get to the Aleve :old 😁 -- to allow for further body abuse. Another reason for store trip first...ease into movement. Yeah, more t-post clips to do today, then clips for hot wire....easier than other stuff, except when you're sore. We've all been there and can relate! Just can't stop.:lol:

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm not really achey today but i did have a miserable day and evening last night. congestion from spring allergies and also a caffiene withdrawal headache. i think i tossed and turned for 6 of the 8 hours last night. not quite so bad this morning so i guess i will survive. onwards and upwards @Mini Horses for sure... :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yesterday started out well. Took the wife out to breakfast, with the grand plan to spend the morning leisurely shopping (we had a list of whar and where). Started at TSC, stopped at the grocery store.

Sinus headache flaired up for both of us, we went home after buying only the minimum on the list. Wife spent 4 hours sleeping on the couch, I spent two hours napping in bed.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Spring is here \o/ I enjoy a good light show and there's a humdinger going on right now 👍

View attachment 23116

Looking like I'll be picking up large mouth bass from the spillway tomorrow morning. Oh well, It's easy fishing.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
That is supposed to get here around 4pm this afternoon

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday started out well. Took the wife out to breakfast, with the grand plan to spend the morning leisurely shopping (we had a list of whar and where). Started at TSC, stopped at the grocery store.

Sinus headache flaired up for both of us, we went home after buying only the minimum on the list. Wife spent 4 hours sleeping on the couch, I spent two hours napping in bed.

probably a bunch of pollen blowing on the wind. hope you feel much better today.

i curled up for a nap this morning and that did help.

now i'm in one of those moods where i have a lot of projects to work on but don't want to do anything.