Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning All!!!
COFFEE IS HOT and READY!!! Getting my second cup now.
@baymule there's about 1/2 cup of nothing but sludge remaining and it's yours if you want it!!!!!
Yesterday and today there's a fire weather alert so it's a good thing that I always make sure my cigarette is out before walking away from the ashtray. Nope FH and I don't smoke in our house but I don't really do a lot of smoking during the day unless he's home.
I found out the other day that I have a Pecan tree in my backyard so looking forward to Sept-Nov as long as I can get them before the squirrels and other rodents do that is!! Also along the alley that's behind my house there is Black English Walnut trees.
On last Sat FH had to work so I cleaned house then on Sunday it was yardwork day which turned out not to be a good day for me to mow because I ran out of gas first then ran out of oil then FH had to put a pair of gripper pliers on one of the back tires until I found the knob and washer then on top of that it was very humid so what should have taken me only a couple hours to mow took me at least 4 hours but whenever I paused from mowing I found myself helping him with whatever other project he was doing.
Yesterday it was only 65 here so it was on the cool side and now today it's going to get up to 75 and suppose to have good to great weather for the next three weeks so hopefully it's still nice on my B-Day which is just about 3 weeks away.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hot coffee on tap 😁

Good weather...up and down between shorts and sweatshirts, day to day :lol: but no snow 👍😁. In fact, no snow this winter, either. Loved that.

Hope to get fence hot wiring finished up today. Still figuring "where" to put the charger 🤔 and need to find the extra ground post. Plus, check the 2nd plug in box for it's working or not. Need 2 new batteries for 3 of the solar boxes...hmm.

Collected the scattered step ins yesterday. Backyard needs mowing and I want help from these goats 🤣🥳

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:gig 82 degrees on Friday, snow on Sunday. Welcome to WI!

yeah, it snowed nearly all day yesterday but nothing stuck. forecast still has us down below freezing at least a few nights this coming week. i have zero gumption and would just rather hide under my blankets for the next few days. not sure i can do that, but i'm gonna give a try... :)

oh, i do have the garden club meeting tomorrow and i'm not feeling sick, just congested from pollen in the air pissing off my sinuses. plus i have to run to town tomorrow anyways no matter what. so there ya go, i don't get to lay around as much as i'd like...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This cow chow, It's moolicious
IMG_20230418_152329968.jpg

a02d9227eb6a618a~2.jpeg

😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
514.jpeg

Good Morning My Lovelies!

Here is a cup of coffee with love from me! Gosh I missed you all so much. I know you were all wondering about me. Yes, I am alive and kicking it for a bit longer. That Jardiance medication has done so much to me. I even get hematomas every time I see the commercial,lol I have to go to Ann Arbor tomorrow. They will give me compression socks. I could care less for them but it will not hurt to have them someowhere where they cannot be found if I need them,lol
Anyways, came back from traffiking eggs accross the states down to Florida. Picked up the hub and brought him back, so he can clean out his remainings. But a lot happened while down there with his family and I cannot take abuse very lightly. So he is around for a bit. He has committed to Mental health and is talking about his issues with them. Maybe he listens.
Anyways, between the medication mishap, my health has been on the down side. I still trying my best. Still has barely any voice. It bothers me because I sound like an idiot, not that I am not one,lol but I kind of miss my celestial voice ( I wish) Totally gave up on taking my BP every day as well as my glucose. I decided: I have to die one day, so I will be delighted if it is due to excess of sweetness. I mean, it takes a lot of sugar to keep this sweet person for many to enjoy, right? :lol:

I will try this afternoon to download the app again on my cell. I do not like to come to the computer much. I have lots of pictures and need to share with you all.
I think I missed the planting datellienes but for some reason, I think I am ahead. Planted corn, tomatoes and peppers and put them on the heated mats. They all grew. I have seedlings. Just have to wait for them to be a bit stronger to begin separating them into individuals. We are expecting more cold weather. My egyptian onions are coming out too as well as the bunchin onions. So excited! I also got some fruit trees. Got McIntosch apples, plum and peaches. Very excited about that. Just need to cut some trees in the back and try to remove the stumps so I can put those fruit trees. I was able to put the posts around the garden and hopefully today will enclose it with some cattle fencing. I sure miss looking at all of your babies pictures. Oh, I also got the generator installed. 9K for a 14KW that comes right on when power goes out. I still owe them some money but I have been blessed that they trust me that I will pay them next month.
20230405_130227.jpg20230404_114453.jpg

Well, time to hit the backyard after a second cup of coffee with 11 pills,lol Love you all!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow....hope your meds are helping, not hurting, now. Side effects are often worse than the "illness". Feel better! :hugs

You're further along with garden than I am and I haven't been sick. No excuse! 🤣🤣

I'm having the morning brew. Dressed to go out, haven't gotten beyond looking out the window. 🙄

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
With all the side effects listed on medications, it’s a wonder to me how they ever do anybody any good. The smiling happy people on commercials living life to the fullest, while the announcer runs quickly through side effects is ridiculous. @Dreamz im so sorry that medication gave you such bad side effects.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m on second cup of coffee, still looking out the window myself. LOL I did go outside while coffee was brewing to let dogs out. I let Buford stay in sheep lot overnight instead of putting him in the kennel. He’d been good just long enough, time to let him out!

Latest posts