Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Side effects suck. Hubby is on a med that can destroy the liver. Blood tests every 2 weeks when he started it. Now it's every month. It's an immediate stop if the liver shows signs of damage. This is unfortunately the only drug that helps with his problem and he'll be on it forever. On the plus side, his kidney function improved superbly and it may keep him from a transplant later. He's tolerating it very well thankfully.

Then you have my Mom who got crippling leg cramps from one of the new fangled insulins. She's back on regular and doing better than any of the other ones. The leg cramps wasn't even on the side effect list. Her doctor reported it so it may be now.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone!
That's what I started today while it was cool out but those darn tree roots got the best of me so FH is going to assist with it. Once he gets done I will take pic of finished project. Going to plant flowers that bring hummingbirds to the yard.
@Dreamz sorry to hear about your med problems but I am praying you feel better soon. My FH was suppose to take the med you are currently taking but his insurance wouldn't cover it so he is on Victoza instead.

Attachments

• 1812114804945074435.jpg
    1812114804945074435.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 48

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 23132

Good Morning My Lovelies!

Here is a cup of coffee with love from me! Gosh I missed you all so much. I know you were all wondering about me. Yes, I am alive and kicking it for a bit longer. That Jardiance medication has done so much to me. I even get hematomas every time I see the commercial,lol I have to go to Ann Arbor tomorrow. They will give me compression socks. I could care less for them but it will not hurt to have them someowhere where they cannot be found if I need them,lol
Anyways, came back from traffiking eggs accross the states down to Florida. Picked up the hub and brought him back, so he can clean out his remainings. But a lot happened while down there with his family and I cannot take abuse very lightly. So he is around for a bit. He has committed to Mental health and is talking about his issues with them. Maybe he listens.
Anyways, between the medication mishap, my health has been on the down side. I still trying my best. Still has barely any voice. It bothers me because I sound like an idiot, not that I am not one,lol but I kind of miss my celestial voice ( I wish) Totally gave up on taking my BP every day as well as my glucose. I decided: I have to die one day, so I will be delighted if it is due to excess of sweetness. I mean, it takes a lot of sugar to keep this sweet person for many to enjoy, right? :lol:

I will try this afternoon to download the app again on my cell. I do not like to come to the computer much. I have lots of pictures and need to share with you all.
I think I missed the planting datellienes but for some reason, I think I am ahead. Planted corn, tomatoes and peppers and put them on the heated mats. They all grew. I have seedlings. Just have to wait for them to be a bit stronger to begin separating them into individuals. We are expecting more cold weather. My egyptian onions are coming out too as well as the bunchin onions. So excited! I also got some fruit trees. Got McIntosch apples, plum and peaches. Very excited about that. Just need to cut some trees in the back and try to remove the stumps so I can put those fruit trees. I was able to put the posts around the garden and hopefully today will enclose it with some cattle fencing. I sure miss looking at all of your babies pictures. Oh, I also got the generator installed. 9K for a 14KW that comes right on when power goes out. I still owe them some money but I have been blessed that they trust me that I will pay them next month.
View attachment 23134View attachment 23133

Well, time to hit the backyard after a second cup of coffee with 11 pills,lol Love you all!
What variety is the plum? It may require a pollinator to produce fruit (some do, some don't).

The McIntosh most definitely will need a pollinator I would get a granny smith because it's a pollinator for just about any apple including it's own self. But here's a link to a list of pollinators for your McIntosh. https://www.orangepippintrees.eu/pollinationchecker.aspx?v=10112

You should be ok with one peach tree since all peaches are self fertile. I don't like to use the word all because there are always exceptions. But if you share the variety I can check. Having another peach variety close by will increase fruit yield.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning friends!!!! :frow
COFFEE IS HOT AND READY!!!!
When FH got home from work last evening we decided not to do the "pipe" border around the newest flower bed I'm currently in the middle of developing, we're going to use some sort of wooden stake border that is connected and comes in a roll or something like that because we don't want to damage the tree roots and kill the tree.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning friends!!!! :frow
COFFEE IS HOT AND READY!!!!
When FH got home from work last evening we decided not to do the "pipe" border around the newest flower bed I'm currently in the middle of developing, we're going to use some sort of wooden stake border that is connected and comes in a roll or something like that because we don't want to damage the tree roots and kill the tree.

yes, often gardening around trees is not easy because of the tree root issues, but also the lack of moisture and light at times can set some garden plants back so you have to select for more hardy and shade tolerant plants (which may not really flower as much as you'd want). if you can find a few flowering accent plants that work and then poke them in a few spots and then have other plantings that ends up working pretty well. weeding and cultivation of any kind are major challenges and some trees don't really want to be mulched much either.

trees can cause too many issues and personally i want them away from the house, gardens or any other infrastructure (like the fences, power lines, septic field, well or propane tank). and as i've found out i don't want them too close to the property lines either... *grumbles*

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning, on my way to the east side of the state in a few. Have a blessed day!

CC have no clue but I think I saw the word dwarf on all of them. Will check tonight and report back.

if they are grafted trees you should be able to tell and also when planting make sure to not put that grafted part too close to the ground. you want to be able to trim back anything that grows from below the graft.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
trees can cause too many issues and personally i want them away from the house, gardens or any other infrastructure (like the fences, power lines, septic field, well or propane tank).
So true and that's why we have some trees we are going to be taking down eventually (3 pine trees that's in a flower bed in front of house and 2 cedar trees that are up in the power lines [ waiting on power company to take those ones down]).

Latest posts