Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rested some, cooked up 3 dz eggs -- shared those hard boiled with DD & DS but, let them peel there's 😁

Also, got a couple hrs of tractor therapy time. 👍
Great weather with some light showers possible after dark. Good...chores done, fun had, everyone here.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
What a weekend. The volunteer group was working at horse show this weekend. Event where the riders run a barrel course, shooting balloons. I am certain one of you know the name of the event....lol... I helped out Saturday morning for over 5 hours straight. Got home early evening and in the last 36 hours, slept over 20, including a 3 hour nap yesterday. *yawn*

The event manager and contestants thanked us profusely for our efficiency. The event finished 2 hours earlier than planned because we were on task. Gave everyone 2 extra hours to relax and prepare for the evening events.

Never was a horse guy growing up, too expensive of a hobby. It also has been a few years (like over a decade) that I came home smelling like a barn. All good memories

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! Definitely familiar with barrel racing since I spent a large part of my youth participating! The shooting balloon part wasn't part of my skill set, lol.

So much sleep - I'm a tiny bit jealous!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
I've been up since 2 (but took an hour and half nap 6:30-8AM on couch) and only got laundry going but only got a couple loads remaining so I guess it's been a productive morning already.
Did lawn work on Sat then went out to dinner that night, came home and did our first fire in the new HOMEMADE firepit. I say new HOMEMADE firepit seeing how we moved it from it's original spot and made it more rectangle than circle. I also made me a couple S'mores that night. Yesterday morning started a new border on the already flower bed by the front of the house while FH was trying to figure out the flower bed around one of the trees- gotta get some more 4x4s in order to complete it- will post pics once we have both projects done.
I have another dentist appointment today but today is more or less just a checkup.
Yesterday afternoon got rain shower but we still grilled pork chops and sweet potatoes plus had steamed carrots and squash (yellow and zucchini) for dinner.
Next Sat May 13th, I'm going to be doing a yard sale and our friends up the street is doing a plant/yard sale.

Attachments

• 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 47

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! On my second cup, woke up WAY too early. I’ll be dragging later and it will be nap time.

there's some days when you wake up and you know it wasn't enough. that was the same for me today. got up, did a few things, had lunch, Mom has a friend over playing cards, crawled in bed and took a two hour nap.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a strong thunderstorm roll through this morning. My dog was missing for over two hours, he is terrified of thunder storms. He usually barks at the door but this storm rolled in fast. He found somewhere to find shelter from the storm. He wasn't even wet when he walked across the yard and here I was all conserned about him.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a weekend. The volunteer group was working at horse show this weekend. Event where the riders run a barrel course, shooting balloons. I am certain one of you know the name of the event....lol... I helped out Saturday morning for over 5 hours straight. Got home early evening and in the last 36 hours, slept over 20, including a 3 hour nap yesterday. *yawn*

The event manager and contestants thanked us profusely for our efficiency. The event finished 2 hours earlier than planned because we were on task. Gave everyone 2 extra hours to relax and prepare for the evening events.

Never was a horse guy growing up, too expensive of a hobby. It also has been a few years (like over a decade) that I came home smelling like a barn. All good memories

"smelling like a barn", I can fix you right up 👍

P.S. bring boots

P.S.S. not ankle boots

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸