Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
He is 10 - 12 months old, not neutered yet.

He did fantastic today! He practiced lying down on cue. He learned to roll on his side to relax. He is starting to be able to accept petting without [much] mouthing, and he was able to play with toys. I didnt do anything special - just make not-mouthing more reinforcing than mouthing. He's super-smart and motivated. Too bad he wouldnt mesh well with my kids/dogs. I would love to live with him!
What about slow intros (1 at a time) and once he gets comfortable with them all do 2 at a time then so forth and so on until the entire family is having visits with him. I know when my dogs are anxious (my boyfriend and I leaving for the day, thunderstorms going on and so forth) I give them CBD (hemp) chews and that helps.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I told my neighbor that I'm leaving mud puddle gator right where its at, to see what reactions, I get out of others 😂 But it's now game on... my time and choosing 🤣 He's obviously done this before. The plastic gator has at least one .22 hole in it's head.

What you guys think?

And it ain't even summer yet 🙄

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Love it!!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I told my neighbor that I'm leaving mud puddle gator right where its at, to see what reactions, I get out of others 😂 But it's now game on... my time and choosing 🤣 He's obviously done this before. The plastic gator has at least one .22 hole in it's head.

What you guys think?

And it ain't even summer yet 🙄

Oh yeah!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeh, I'm not a snake friendly person. The rat snakes here are apparently well fed! Huge things! Now if they'd stay away from chicken coops, I'd leave them alone. But last two didn't read the message and lost their heads. These feral cats seem to have made a tremendous difference...less mice keeps snakes further and they don't find out there are nests for eggs. :idunno works for me! Hope it continues.

We have rattlers, copperhead and some mocassin in this area. Fortunately they prefer the woods and waterways a little further from my farm...house and barns. Where there's less activity. Hope it stays that way.

That's kind of the issue here... Even though we are up on a hill, there's water water everywhere.

I have got to redirect direct water that runs off the roofs around here better. I think I néed to rent a trencher.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Haven't been on in a second! Happy belated Easter! We spent ours in the emergency vet hospital but all in all it was a great day. Poor Auggie (dog, 12) was knocked over at the park with his friends and we thought he dislocated his hip. Thankfully it was just a lot of bruising and some bad arthritis in the knees. He's still recovering (mostly mentally) but hes good! We did get to Mass thankfully. The church was practically empty which was disappointing.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good lord! I never understood why yotes seemed to kill for sport.

perhaps some sort of blood frenzy? or since they eat carrion they just go in and kill as much as they can because they "think" that later on they'll have those to eat? i don't really know for sure. they are around here but rarely seen.