FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
20240411_175418.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie where's that pic taken?

Drinking my morning brew. Listening to BIG WINDS outside. Don't open front door or might not get it closed, type winds 😳 Not sure yet but, appears wasn't much rain last night. Seems I was center of two big rain cell events, as they went east. 👍😁 Not sure, haven't ventured out.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Drinking my morning brew. Listening to BIG WINDS outside. Don't open front door or might not get it closed, type winds 😳 Not sure yet but, appears wasn't much rain last night. Seems I was center of two big rain cell events, as they went east. 👍😁 Not sure, haven't ventured out.
Brandywine Falls in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park south of Cleveland. We had rain all day yesterday. Usually just a trickle over the falls. I have photos from 2-3 years ago where after 2+ inches of rain, the flow was way bigger. Nothing like standing on a wooden platform, having it shake from the vibrations caused by the falling water

I stayed on the upper observation trail, too slick to use the lower platform trail with all the steps on it.

For perspective
Screenshot_20240412-083040_Gallery.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

We've had big winds going on 3 days now. At times, I think I need nail my boots to the ground :lol:

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Same here -- lean into it if you must head in that direction. They're sayin' again tomorrow 😵‍💫👎 Boo!
70* so at least not cold stuff.

We seem to have gotten NO rain here. Other area got my share and theirs. ☺️

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doing feeders today I had to YELL at the oldest boy (6) to not slam the door shut when the wind is blowing hard enough to do it without you touching it. It wasn't as bad as last week where it yanked him out of the truck when opening it and I had to gun it with him pulling to get it to shut. He was slamming it like the wind was holding it open.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still about 20mph, steady winds here. Was only 6-7 early morn, so I got my retill done in garden. 👍 Little section of fence to replace -- posts good -- then I can plant. Looking at all the rowing to do is somewhat overwhelming 😲 but, I'm thinking I'll stake row ends, string & work a section at a time....over couple of days. Maybe 😂

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wind wasn't bad here earlier either, and sunny day... but it has picked up now to be just chilly again...
Sorted cows and worked calves... was going to the sale with a couple but it didn't work out that way.... next week I hope... but they are moved down to the barn lot so will be closer to just load and go next weekend. Cull cows, not enough milk to raise the calves on them... time for them to be gone....

Got a new TINY TINY little black calf... I would bet money it is a twin but no one interested in it at all... one cow might have had twins 2 days ago... but it has obviously not claimed this one... so going to be a bottle calf along with 3 holsteins I have now....lively and took 3/4 bottle so hoping it will continue to do okay... spunky and determined to try to find a cow with a teat it could steal off of... so I will make it's life better and easier... put it up with the other bottle calves and it will get regular meals...

Matched up some cow and calf pairs, vaccinated and banded bull calves, and moved 12 pairs out to pasture. Grass is coming slowly, but there is alot of room out there so they should do okay... usually put 30 out there so grass should be able to keep up with 12 for a week or 2... 80's this coming week so it will start to grow fast anyway.

Ate some late lunch, going to work inside because the wind is just chilly out there.