Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It’s been pouring rain, we need it, not complaining. But I’m bored. Can’t close on new farm until May 5. I’m ready to hit the ground running, but it ain’t my ground yet. I feel like a race car driver stuck in a traffic jam. Can’t go anywhere!
Can you build anything that can give you a jump start? Something that is portable, or can be built in pieces that will then be assembled once you get there?

Fence panels? Hay rack? Feeder? Fancy garden gate? Chicken coop/tool shed/feed shed, but in pieces, put together once you are there?

Or some fun, non-essential thing that needs to be built?

I need to set the kids onto building new bird houses.

Bird houses, suet feeder, bird bath? Other small decorative things that will bring you joy and make the new place feel like home?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sleeping much more, and today is Tuesday! I feel pretty good! You?
Yay! I'm cheerful today. I've been struggling for the last 6 - 7 weeks or so. COVID flared up my chronic health stuff and I haven't been able to do much. I'll feel much better when I'm caught up with work.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yay! I'm cheerful today. I've been struggling for the last 6 - 7 weeks or so. COVID flared up my chronic health stuff and I haven't been able to do much. I'll feel much better when I'm caught up with work.
I hope you get to feeling better soon. Catch up work is also what I’m doing right now.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I've been sending cottonwood buds to my Mom's friend for 3 years. She just sent me some pillowcases she made just for me (she's a quilter). Little chickens on them.

20220426_154935.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There's many many live little tiny live wasps in the bag. Plus many many unhatched wasp eggs, it's a breathable bag.

Eat fly larvae, be free and happy. May you reproduce and multiple greatly in number, little tiny wasps.
View attachment 18774

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I promised a tiny wasp update, so I quoted myself again. My update is... Where did the flies go?

See the video below starting about 2:45 and also again around 6:40 where he thinks it might be one of the tiny little wasps that landed on his arm. He gives a much better update than I can.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Alaskan I’ll be moving the small animal huts I have. I’ll build two hoop shelters on skids when I get there. Not going to have chickens right away, so no need to prefab a coop. It won’t be much longer.
I have bird houses on the brain.... several of mine have worn out...

Going to put a kid on it... I think tomorrow.