Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee. Paid bills. I ran up my credit cards with all this buying the farm and getting it ready to move in for me, sheep and dogs. Gheesh! Paint and all that goes with it, 10 gates, 10 rolls of sheep and goat wire, 600 T-posts-I bought in quantity to get a discount and still have lots left. DIESEL FUEL!!!! Every fill up $$$$$$$$$ Various other things. I’ll have them paid off next month. I could pay them off now, but trying to live within my means, whatever that is. I just want the dust to settle so I can figure out what my living budget is. Gripe. Gripe. Gripe. I budgeted from selling/buying farms, knowing I’d be spending money to get this place ready to move me and animals, I just didn’t see galloping inflation coming. Prices on everything I needed was and is taking giant price hikes. Every fill up the truck has me raining curses down on the present administration. Too bad we can’t take all of them, stick ‘em in a run down rent house, beater gas guzzler car, and a job sacking groceries for 6 months and let them live in poverty and bust ‘em down to earth. I can dream, can’t I?

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning all. A little better start to today. Wondering about going to town. I need a part for the welder but can make it work without it and I hate going to town. I finally moved my truck yesterday for the first time after getting home. Still sitting under the trailer after 9 days.
Sorry Bay but the inflation isn't changing near soon enough. Even with a turn around it takes a minute to get out of hole when you dig it to deep.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, my "living" budget is ok. It's the "farm" budget that challenges! :lol: Creative situation to support some of that effort.

I check prices in stores, although not buying. A dzn free range, brown eggs...$4.99 and up. 🤨 My friends should love me!! I give some away every week. One day I'll crank up sales again. Milk I can only see processed goat milk and that as much a qt as I charge a gal, $7. Yep....retirement & budgets can be hard. Goat kids are the larger income stream, like your lambs. BUT they all eat expensive feed.

Heavy fog at sun up...gone now. Time to go to work.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have killed 53 flies in my house today.
Earlier this year I had a house full of folks, including grands. With 5 of 'em in the house that like to go in and out there was a lot of doors opened. Flies did what flies do and came in with the kids.

I popped off that I'd pay a 1$ bounty on every fly the grands could kill. Dumb! I was out over $25 dollars, lol.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20221011_162933654~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Earlier this year I had a house full of folks, including grands. With 5 of 'em in the house that like to go in and out there was a lot of doors opened. Flies did what flies do and came in with the kids.

I popped off that I'd pay a 1$ bounty on every fly the grands could kill. Dumb! I was out over $25 dollars, lol.
Grandma tried a penny for each spiky ball we got up one year. $7 and some change within two hours and she decided if it were easy enough to do that we didn’t need pay in the future.🤣