Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they are, but i need more fence to keep the deer out.

in good news, today some younger guys stopped in while i was out puttering on the house and they wanted to know if they could bow-hunt on our property. i said sure, and knew that Mom would be ok with it and then i told them about the property to the north and that they should talk to that guy too. i also walked over a few feet and showed them the deer tracks that had been left just a few days ago.

we'll see if anything comes of it...
Deer and rabbits, boy,,, It a good thing you can eat them 😁

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, another hard workday done- We got all of the burning done in one day, I put up a few pic's in the morning.
We both are stiff and totally tired, all showered and now making quick tacos for dinner.
AND it was great weather, no rain after 7:30am,,,
Good night, all,
my comfy chair is calling

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nugget update...

My granddaughter says "he's so cute!", I agree, floppy skin Brangus feeders have a cute appeal. He's totally settled in with the other cattle now. And even let my granddaughter pat him on the head through the fence. I got his coat shinny on good low land pasture grass, hay and commodity ration. I haven't sprayed him with ivermectin yet, I need too soon though, for worms. Nugget is very well mannored. I haven't seen pasture boss Oreo put him in his place once yet. I believe he'll do just fine here.
IMG_20221021_144304667.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tried to not do much today. Stayed in sloppy sweat pants, took 2 naps, rained all day. So how did I still manage to get 2.2 miles on my step counter? We’ll, I did feed sheep, walk dogs……
Didn't do much 2.2 miles 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸