Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
43ae43084186033b9b10d9e549b6933a--good-night-blessings-night-quotes.jpg

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Reina went to the vet today. She had a slight runny nose when I picked her up. I figured give it a week, it would either go away or get worse. Plus whatever else might show up. Lungs were clear, lymph nodes clear, throat clear, just sinus infection. Just goopy nose. She got a shot of antibiotics for that.

Then her teeth, they needed floating. Her teeth had sharp points, top and bottom, both sides. She was sedated, rigged up in a head stall with a metal mouthpiece that held her mouth open. The vet filed her teeth down with an electric file.

View attachment 21713

View attachment 21714

View attachment 21715
She will feel SO much better now! 🤩

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Coffee hot, some cookies (Choc covered coconut bars, Choc covered Peanut Butter Balls, No Bake cookies, Choc Chip cookies, Chewy M&M cookies) for Christmas bowls (for FH coworkers) and cookie platter made but still have plenty more to make before the end of this week.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Coffee hot, some cookies (Choc covered coconut bars, Choc covered Peanut Butter Balls, No Bake cookies, Choc Chip cookies, Chewy M&M cookies) for Christmas bowls (for FH coworkers) and cookie platter made but still have plenty more to make before the end of this week.
Happy baking! Wanna come to my house next?! hahaha I HATE cooking and baking but this is the one time of year that I buckle down and try for the kids, lol

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning to you all too!!! 🎄& @Trying2keepitReal

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy baking! Wanna come to my house next?! hahaha I HATE cooking and baking but this is the one time of year that I buckle down and try for the kids, lol
I love baking and cooking! I do a lot of baking throughout the year but the majority of it is done for Christmas. It seems like my oven never gets a break especially the 2 weeks before Christmas.
FH told me this morning before he left for work that just before Christmas he may have to go out for snow removal. Our first Christmas in our OWN house and he MAY not be here to celebrate it :hitand I'll have the 5 dogs to keep me company but the pay from snow removal will be awesome :weee.
I received an early Christmas gift from him yesterday even though it wasn't suppose to be that. It was suppose to be a stand up mixer but I'll take that too!!!
This is what aggravates me (2nd pic), Christmas and New Years hasn't come and gone yet and stores are already putting Valentine's stuff on shelves. Holidays are so commercialized these days that they're just money makers and not about presents from the heart or spending time with family.

Attachments

• IMG_20221212_153703_01.jpg
    IMG_20221212_153703_01.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20221212_100151093.jpg
    IMG_20221212_100151093.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 45

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
3:45 am and all's well,, just a bit cold in here 59 but i am still chilly.
Wood stove going and ,
Coffee IS Ready!
image_67176449.JPG

JUST What is a Humbug you say????

image_6487327.JPG

interesting! also note that some of us just use it as a lighter expression of refusal to engage in overloaded commercial buying of things that aren't needed. i don't mind gifts that i actually need, but i don't want random people buying me stuff that i'll end up not wanting and then i have to do the work in getting rid of it or worse throwing it away.