Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I awoke to 27 this morn 🥴😵‍💫. Icy white, some ice caps in water tubs. Truck glazed over....but not bad. No wind! Sunshine. So morning chores, topped all water, then moved a lot of hay from big storage to easier access storage on daily feed basis. Good for another week or so....then, repeat. Stayed home rather than go to any jobs. Will do heavy night hay, raining tomorrow morn, so will be enough for then too. 😁. Will work tomorrow, then pretty much off for a week or two. 👍😂

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good Morning, off we GOoooooo!
snowwhited-dwarfs.gif
Don't be 2nd one (grumpy) be the 3rd one, the (happy) one!
th.jpg

.Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got back a little while ago from granddaughter Christmas Concert at the School. All the children were awesome, teachers all caring and awesome too. The children were so well behaved and did their best singing and playing instruments. We clapped for them as a sign of encouragement and appreciation. If I wasn't before, I am now officially ready to celebrate my Lord and Savior's birthday. ❤️

Luke 2:1~20
IMG_20221210_201425896~2.jpg

After the Christmas Concert, I helped the janitor break down the portable bleachers while my wife waited for our granddaughtes to get out of school. I wondered why I was the only one who helped him? But I just do my imperfect best to help, where I see help is needed. The Janitor smiled and thanked me, patted me on the back and called me pardner. All portable bleachers are put away in the portable bleacher storage room.

"Pardner" that's two times I've been called "Pardner" this week. Lending a helping hand = Pardner 🤔 I like it!
Screenshot_20221214-163839.png

It's 50 degrees, the wind is blowing, gusting up to 20 MPH from the west, it's raining and I just finished caring for all the beasts. But most importantly, All the ladies in my life are warm, safe, dry and comfortable inside the house. This makes me very thankful.

It's dark outside again. Wow wasn't it just dark a short while ago? Time is flying by, where do the days go?

Enjoy your evening!

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
28, up to 35 today. Cold damp day, started a little sprinkling about 4. Freezing rain / sleet forecast. DS let me know a bit ago he was going home to sleep a bit since now he has to be back in at 10... he is asst sup at the VDOT headquarters local here... will be an all night thing. We are high elevation so even though a little south of the actual target area for the full freezing temps, we get alot of it due to colder on the ridge.
Schools are already closed in many counties, here and north... Would rather have snow than the cold rain and ice. This is hard on the cows/calves too....

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No school again tomorrow. Might clean the basement with the kids? 😁
My kids don't have school either (they just had a late start yesterday). I of course have to drive into the office for a laptop switch, of all days....ony the 4th time in the office in 2.5 years so not too bad.

Lots of snow out there but it is above freezing so that is a plus.

I think 2 out of 3 of the chicks are boys, so now to find a place for them. I may keep one....maybe.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 4:00, finally gave up on going back to sleep and got up. Coffee is gone, gonna get a bowl of cereal, get dressed and finish the utility room shelves today. I’ve got to get table cleaned off, rearrange kitchen stuff and make room for stuff still in boxes.

Looking bad for Christmas. Ugly rumors of snow for Christmas. Supposed to be going to my sister’s house but might stay home. If I’m stranded somewhere by snow and ice, I want to be home so I can care for the animals. Friday night the 23rd is predicted to be a low of 17F. Christmas Eve high of 35F and low that night of 23F. Christmas Day isn’t showing on the 10 day forecast yet. Getting granddaughters this weekend, so may have to take them to my sister’s house early and come back home. Dunno.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We got back a little while ago from granddaughter Christmas Concert at the School. All the children were awesome, teachers all caring and awesome too. The children were so well behaved and did their best singing and playing instruments. We clapped for them as a sign of encouragement and appreciation. If I wasn't before, I am now officially ready to celebrate my Lord and Savior's birthday. ❤️

Luke 2:1~20
View attachment 21739

After the Christmas Concert, I helped the janitor break down the portable bleachers while my wife waited for our granddaughtes to get out of school. I wondered why I was the only one who helped him? But I just do my imperfect best to help, where I see help is needed. The Janitor smiled and thanked me, patted me on the back and called me pardner. All portable bleachers are put away in the portable bleacher storage room.

"Pardner" that's two times I've been called "Pardner" this week. Lending a helping hand = Pardner 🤔 I like it!
View attachment 21738

It's 50 degrees, the wind is blowing, gusting up to 20 MPH from the west, it's raining and I just finished caring for all the beasts. But most importantly, All the ladies in my life are warm, safe, dry and comfortable inside the house. This makes me very thankful.

It's dark outside again. Wow wasn't it just dark a short while ago? Time is flying by, where do the days go?

Enjoy your evening!

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
What a wonderful day you had brother