Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's dark again already, which means night is here, marking the close of another day. Like the snap of a finger, day has come and gone. There's still a little more than 1/2 a weekend to go.

I worked hard today, I try to work hard every day. There's always something that needs doing, but working brings me joy. So I do whatever needs doing. If I need help or advise, I have, my wife and awesome neighbors and family. My neighbor called me today for advice, I gave him the best advise I could give, truth.

I enjoyed my day, I hope you enjoyed your day.

Genesis 1:1~5

Enjoy tonight.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well, it is still snowing, I think we are at about 1 ft of snow. I have snow blowed twice in the last 24 hours and raked snow off the chicken coop this morning. Hauled in a bunch of wood, picking up groceries today and then hunkering down for a week! They are predicting with the wind chill that by Wednesday morning we will have temps that feel like -37-40F!!!! I am not ready, that is mid January weather. Kids likely won't have school so Christmas break will start early.

Got all the gas cans and 55 gal drum filled with gas over the last couple weeks once the prices dropped under $3/gallon so we are ready. Will bake up some cookies and some freezer meals today so then all we have to do is heat and eat on the stove if the power goes.

Took DD8 to the dr yesterday as she has had a cough for 4 weeks and her asthma meds are working. Chest x-ray looked good but she has a little bit of a rattle on the right side. Upping her steroids to twice a day and nebulizer about 3-4 times a day for the next 2 weeks, gonna be a long haul. I wish is wasn't going to get so cold out as the only time her coughing stops is when she is sleeping or outside.
Ew for your daughter! And hugs to you both! :hugs

I went through stuff like that with son #3 for years.

When he needed to do the full meds, steroids etc. I always had to force him, since he hated them!

Getting rid of all carpet, switching to dust mite protectors on all bedding (and the mattress), washing it all weekly, allergy shots for a few years, and age...

He can now pass for "normal." Huge relief!!!!

I think the allergy shots were the biggest help.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ew for your daughter! And hugs to you both! :hugs

When he needed to do the full meds, steroids etc. I always had to force him, since he hated them!
Thank you! and yes this is the worst part for us too, getting her to take the meds. Her cough makes her so tired that she crashes at night and with no coughing overnight she at least gets some rest.

It is cold out-thermometer says 6F BRRRR. I got the heated water bowls set up yesterday for the chickens. One of the sisters took one of the chicks up to roost last night the other one stayed on the floor with the other two. It is so odd how 2 sister hens are raising 3 chicks and are totally getting along.

Made cookies yesterday, will make more today and then I will have to wrap up presents while the girls are at school tomorrow. Today will be a day of rest, baking and board games and maybe a Christmas movie :)