Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of the wife and me getting engaged. I wrote an announcement that sounded like a press release from a financial source touting the pending approved merger of our respective organizations. Included a "statement from an industry analyst" (a good friend of both of us). The whole thing was posted on FB and folks still talk about it. Good times
What the heck...we met in a friends FB group and folks there knew we were a couple before we did. We spent as much time together as we could dating, despite the OH -MS distance.

*For immediate release*
In a public Facebook joint news statement today, the respective management of both <her last name> Industries and <my last name> Management Solutions LLC have announced the pending merger of organizations. Negotiations have been underway for several months, with a verbal agreement being struck late in the day on December 19th, with shareholder approval granted on December 20th. Some details of the agreement have yet to be finalized, but the leadership of both companies are confident the merger can be completed by next month, with a date to be confirmed later this week.
Industry analyst <friend's name>, when interviewed for this news release, provided the following: “Those of us closely following the evolution of the interactions of these two organizations really expected this merger of equals at some point in time, it was really a question of when. There have been a number of joint ventures the past six months that really showcase the impressive synergy created when these two are partnered. Expect bigger and better things from the new combined organization. Today’s announcement will put to rest the wild rumors and speculation that has been rampant the past nine months in industry trade groups.”
When asked about the logistics of combining the two organizations, the response was that for the time being, the <my last name> Management Solutions LLC offices in Ohio will house the new organization as the merger is completed and a new three year strategic plan is finalized and begins to be implemented.
Stock prices of both organizations were up sharply in after hours trading.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Phew Wee - I'm bushed... I lost track of all I did today and everything went smoothly with absolutely no issues. Wow it's like I had someone greasing the skids, Thank You Almighty 👆.

Highlights... Wrapped the north side of the turkey and duck yard with a 20x10 tarp. Also added a another old hay round to the yard. Spread it out, hay is extra deep in there now. Plugged in the water heater got it all level, so they have unfrozen water. No way will salt water bottles in the waterer will prevent the water from freezing when they say it's forecast -4F tomorrow night.

Also added one of last year's hay rounds to the cattle shelter. Spread that out also so they aren't laying on cold ground. Gave the cattle another summer hay round so they have extra if they need it. Fed the cattle extra cracked corn with their daily ration. Corn is good energy helps animals stay warm. All the fowl got some cracked corn also.

Swept out the chimney for the wood stove, split two mulberry logs for firewood. Mulberry burns white hot, it's the highest BTU of all the hardwoods native to USA. I split the two logs with wedges and 10lb sledge hammer. I was saving them for a time such as this. Stacked it all and covered with a heavy duty tarp.

I also cleaned out the chicken coop and packed it with hay. It's deep in there now. I already know I'm not going to let them out. So prepare for daily fresh water inside the coop.

I did so much more, taking care of the animals bring me joy, so not really work to me.

Stay safe.
Screenshot_20221221-164951~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw cows in my front field. The fence is taken down by the house, I called Peggy. The cows came down the driveway fence to my yard fence. I ran out with a broom and shooed them back up to the front fence. Bennett came on his 4 wheeler and with his dog. He got all but 4 back in his lot. They had broken off a fence post and the fence fell over. 4 cows got in the woods by the house, which drove the dogs nuts. They were barking crazy, still barking when I went to sleep at 10:30, lulled off to sleep, knowing my sheep were safe from marauding cow monsters.

Woke up before 3AM. I’ve filled all big pots with water. Will go to 15F tonight and not above freezing tomorrow. I’m cutting the water off tonight. I’ll have a bucket of water for flushing the toilet, ought to be interesting with 3 granddaughters here. I’ll probably be boiling water to take to animal water buckets. Leaving Saturday for my sister’s house, be back Christmas night. I’ll feed and water before I leave, a neighbor is going to check on animals and feed them Christmas afternoon. I’ll have all the feed measured up and ready. Then daytime temperatures will climb to the 50’s and water will flow again!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is just cold. We are on the edge of the blizzard warning. The wind is supposed to start up soon, I hear a bit of it already. Today and tomorrow are going to be brutal. Even with feeding the wood stove constantly our house barely hits 70s, nice old farm house. BUT we will be ok, we have food, water and heat. And if it gets too bad the chickens can go in the basement ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222-053924_FOX 9 Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20221222-053924_FOX 9 Weather.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 37

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The NWS has issued a freezing spray warning for lake erie, advising maritime vessels to seek port and have ice removal mitigation plans. Don't see those very often. The center of the low is supposed to track over us, meaning high winds.

The fun starts here in about 20 hours

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woke up to high 40's and are supposed to hit 60 by noon. We'll be down to freezing by 3p and in the 20's by 6p. The front will blow in with winds in the 30 - 40mph range. Overnight low forecast to be 18 with a feels like temp around 1. ONE DEGREE! o_O I don't live this far south and risk hurricanes every year to put up with THIS! 🤬

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It started here about 3 hours ago. Neat to see the 30 degree difference from one side of the front to the other. A slight drizzle came in front of it. Just enough for a slick road. Hope everyone stays in if they can. At least off the roads. When the weather gets bad we have to be outside more for the critters.