Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On Saturday ~ my dad joined my mom in heaven. He was 91 years old, and just missed my mom so much. She left us in July. They were the best parents on earth.
Thoughts of comfort and Prayers of condolences to you and your family.
Good Thursday Morning to you all! I am very sorry to report that I didn't get to check the "news" yesterday afternoon I was working outside then FH got home early so we decided to enjoy our backyard and grill pork steaks and sweet potatoes for dinner. I am going to take advantage of this nice weather we are having (even though I understand it's just a tease right now) seeing how March is right around the corner. Speaking of March (which was exactly a week away from yesterday) I wonder if it's going to 1.) come in like a lion and go out like a lamb OR 2.) come in like a lamb and go out like a lion OR 3.) come in like a lion and go out like a lion OR 4.) come in like a lamb and go out like a lamb. Tonight's dinner is SPAGHETTI and yup there is going to be plenty to share so stop on over and grab a plate.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On Saturday ~ my dad joined my mom in heaven. He was 91 years old, and just missed my mom so much. She left us in July. They were the best parents on earth.
You were blessed to have both your parents so long. I know you are missing them. Best parents on earth-what a loving tribute.

It was a shocker for me to look around and realize that I am the oldest generation. I no longer had parents or grandparents and my great grandparents were long gone. So I make the most of it, play with granddaughters and just have fun. I’ll take my role of family matriarch, and run with it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Granddaughters are still sleeping. That won’t last long! We have been having fun this week. We went to Mission Tejas State Park and spent the day. We went to the Lufkin zoo and Texas Forestry Museum. Yesterday we made pie crust and a lemon chess pie and a pumpkin pie. Today? Who knows. Tomorrow evening is a birthday party for the middle child, she just turned 8. We are having a campfire hot dog cookout. Should be fun. Saturday I take them to meet their parents. We are having a blast.

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It was a shocker for me to look around and realize that I am the oldest generation.
Yes, I feel  just this way. My parents were both the youngest, and final members of their families to pass. They had to experience loss, over and over. I happen to be the youngest of our entire, extended family. But, we are a tight-knit family. Very blessed.

Thank you all for your kind words. ♡

Woke this morning to a sparkly, crunchy world of ice. We had freezing rain - but fortunately, not nearly as much as was predicted. We still have power, but no internet. I'm tethered to my phone's connection. It's a good day to catch up on my house chores. I'm fairly behind

Latest posts