Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Dreamz, when your ankles are swollen, do your feet swell up too?
No, They just feel so darn heavy and then my legs begin to hurt. I feel like there is a tear or something on any of the abdductors all the way to the feet, mainly on the right leg. I can lift and croos my left leg over the right knee but the right one, I need to use my arms to bring it up. Aweful even to get dressed.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Dreamz why don’t you try a chiropractor? They will take X-rays and can adjust your spine.
That sounds good. I have not had a spine adjustment in a decade. I just have to have the money for it and the first appointment is 200 and sometimes, I do not have that much money at hand. Insurance is VA and does not covers it.

Last edited:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Eggs were collected and I just pushed the shovel and not much just to get there and had to cover the nest boxes. Hopefully no girl decides to lay in the afternoon but want to get the 7mo old pullet from nesting. She is darn broody and she is tooo young and do not feel is will be capable to seat for the whole term. I donot have incubator and no other girls ever goes broody,lol

So, I closed all curtains and set alarm on. Going to shower and get a nap soon but need to bring up what I had in me since yesterday. Next post...

Last edited:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AS I went back and read many of the posts by everyone and myself and talking with someone about my parents and my son God brought to my mind what is really important.

I know it is hard to know someone intimately in a relationship without some form of personal interaction. However, I have found this group that I feel as comfortable enough to both, spend more time here when I can and to blast my truths to people I barely know. But I do know most of you. I know and I love that I can speak freely about my faith regarless if any of you are interested, yet never rebuke me for it. CC is a great man of God and has live and always put his experiences to help others. Hinotori and Baymule are the sweetest people and so comapssionate over all. Motherearth is very intense in feelings. Flowerbug is direct and so helpful. Always ready to give all he has. And is my State neighbor,lol Tortoise is always ready to lay a hand with any advise. And there is more for sure that I may forget the names unless I go back into pages but I knwo so much about you all.
So, yes, You are my family. Not nearby but my family that is always here for anything I need. To give me advise, help me get solutions, guide me through rough moments and to lavish me in all the love that you give. Funny, because I am not a country person. I have lived most of my life in or near a big city. But I am learning what really matters. Late in life but I am on my way and I do have you all. So thank you so much. Thank you to each individual to be who you are supposed to be for your family and others. Sammster can tell that I do not go to the chicken group as much as I am here. Ii get up in teh morning and mainly am earger to see what everyone is up to and to post memes for everyone to get a smile, a chuckle or a little pee while laughing.
So, this is what I had in my mind all day yesterday and today when I opened teh group, someone said, thet you are my family. Is this a coincidence? Maybe. But I believe that things happen for a reason and nothing happens with out it. And that is why I believe in God and creation. Still until today nobody have been able to proof the theory of evolution as a fact, yet many believe and is thought as a fact. But those who have ever put any attention to science class knows how horrible, at least for me and I hated it as well, to have your teacher tell you to make a theory and prove it as fact. So, I am so thankful for you all.
So believe and engrave this into your hearts: I pray for each and all of you and your families because you are part of my life now and even if it passes, prayers are in heaven for you and yours.

~Love~n~Hugs~
Lizette

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Dreamz: I was going thru memories and tossing out alot of it. Means nothing to my kids, but to me. I ran across this patch.
DRBA8319.JPG

Randolph Air Force Base. I wore this to be able to go to the swimming pool there back in 1967. We were stationed at Lackland (where I was born), Kelly, Amarillo and then Randolph.

So when you mentioned Ft Hood, a flood of memories also came back to me. Thanks for that!!

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Dreamz: I was going thru memories and tossing out alot of it. Means nothing to my kids, but to me. I ran across this patch.
View attachment 22861

Randolph Air Force Base. I wore this to be able to go to the swimming pool there back in 1967. We were stationed at Lackland (where I was born), Kelly, Amarillo and then Randolph.

So when you mentioned Ft Hood, a flood of memories also came back to me. Thanks for that!!
Oh,Wow! How nice to have those things. And you are right,they mean nothing to anyone else. I love Lackland. A pin can drop anywhere on that base and everyone can hear it,lol well, air force bases are like that everywhere. Army bases not so. They have platoons running at all hours of the day singing cadences,lol do you remember any cadences?

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone! Happy weekend! have a blessed Saturday!!!
I also think like @Dreamz Y'all are my extended family! I can talk about anything or just vent and no one judges or says "you can't feel or think like that" or you all are if I need a shoulder to cry on and a big soothing hug. I don't even know anyone personally but I LOVE you all for that.
Coffee is ready and it's hot for all you early morning risers. If by chance we have some that want to sleep late we'll try to save you some coffee but can't promise anything.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! I’ve had my 2 little granddaughters all week, have to give them back today. Bummer. The middle child just turned 8 years old, so had her a birthday party last night. I built a campfire and we roasted weenies, sausage links and marshmallows. Kids had a great time, running and playing. The grown ups helped with roasting the weenies and marshmallows, and we all visited. Great fun!