Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
@FarmerJamie I'm sorry to report I only have the "fake stuff" INSTANT COFFEE :he:barnie:duc:rant:somad this AM and hoping that it's got enough caffeine in it to get me through until I get back from grocery shopping so I can make a 1/2 pot of "JET FUEL" :lol::gig.
FH told friends who came over for game night last night that we was going shopping between 7:30-8AM but guess what he's not even up yet so I think it's going to be later than that which is good seeing how I need to get a couple things done (the meat for tomorrow BEEF, CHICKEN & PORK for the kebabs marinating) and the dishes done/ Oh, how I wish I had a working dishwasher (well, it does work but it just doesn't drain into the drain, drains onto the floor so I refuse to use it) then the dishes could get washed while we was gone.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like all that Texas Loving has passed, winds have died down to a breeze. We've had this grill for at least 5 years. Always been outside and covered. First time it's ever been blown over 😳. Numerous tree limbs down, some stuff blown around but most importantly everyone around the neighborhood is OK.
View attachment 22922

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I hope it didn’t mess up your grill.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, how I wish I had a working dishwasher (well, it does work but it just doesn't drain into the drain, drains onto the floor so I refuse to use it)
Oh, get that fixed!! 🤣 Probably a simple drain pipe issue. I love my dishwasher! One year I had a DW installed in a house for mom -- she wouldn't use it! :lol:

Strong winds here today. Not fun. But should help dry things from last couple days of rain. That'll be good. I do see a lot of grasses growing 👍 this warm Feb has made for some early grass wake up.

At least I have plenty of coffee...a fresh pot just finished. On second cup and had slept late -- 1:30 before I got to bed.🥴

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looks like all that Texas Loving has passed, winds have died down to a breeze. We've had this grill for at least 5 years. Always been outside and covered. First time it's ever been blown over 😳. Numerous tree limbs down, some stuff blown around but most importantly everyone around the neighborhood is OK.
View attachment 22922

OUCH....

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I started pulling out receipt’s. I moved twice in six months. Disorganized doesn’t quite describe the absolute panic that ensued as I frantically searched in various places for scraps of paper, faded receipts, stashed in hiding places. I got started. Piles are on the table, I feel like I will accomplish this enough to take to CPA for him to straighten out. I need to call and set an appointment. Deadline, last minute, I always manage to pull a magic trick off at the very last moment.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're getting a generator, you must have a well, if no water during a power outage?

Yes and I candeal with cold and putting stuff on but no shower is awful for me. I can heat water in gas stove but nothing to warm,lol 8bottles of water for chickens and 24 for ducks.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Because of that gift from Texas, I canceled my doctor's appointment again because I would have gotten stuck in Detroit area.
So drove south and caught the tail of the storm. It had wind huts of 60mph, cars were pushed off the road, even a nice looking corvette. :eek:

Bad on my legs, my truck got moisture on the distribution cap? Anyways, hub's dodge the cruise control does not work. So my right leg have been doing most of the work. When not a lot of traffic, I used the left. Just about 3hrs ago got to Florida. Staying at Gainesville because I am tired and both legs hurt. Got welcomed by a huge 🦟. Yeap, dealing eggs interstate,lol Orlando tomoand and back up to Tampa, see my sister and might go to the USAF hospital here. Then back home where is nice. It is burning 85 up here and now is about 70. I do not like heat.
Well, checked cameras at home and no snow at all.

@country homesteaders is ok. We are family. I agree with " your house, your rules" I am applying that too.
I will pray for you if you are OK with you.