Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
For anyone interested. Central and Southern Ohio is full of Mound Builder sites. East of Columbus is Flint Ridge, whose deposits were traded long and far in the Mississippi watershed area.

Nothing cool around here, except for Indian trails linking NY and Central Ohio tribes. The area I live in was seasonal hunting grounds only.

Great time yesterday. Learned some more new details from the guide. Wife and daughter were excited after going. Oh to be independently wealthy and retired, lots of places to visit.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How about a silver one? They are all so cute...
Screenshot_20230513-105809.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I like the silver Lab, but still love black Labs the best.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
East of here by about 30 minutes.
I want the crates... those are what are known as "spent hens"... when egg production in a house falls below a certain amount, as the hens get to the end of their laying cycle before the molt... they will get sent to slaughter and many go into things like chicken soup, chicken in dog food and all sorts of other things. Part of the life cycle of laying hens.
If it was close to me I would go try to buy the crates... they are worth $50 and up....

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Less than .2 inch of rain in little bits and spurts yesterday...

Cleaning and moving some stuff as DS is bringing home some things from his trip up to VT with cattle and getting the rest of the stuff from my parents estate that is stored at a friends... I need room for the table and chairs I am getting....
Planted tomatoes and peppers yesterday after the neighbor retilled the garden... it is in good shape but we are a little dry. Really cleaned up after the first tilling and the new grass and such that had come up. Good heavy mulching after planting will really help smother all the weeds that try to sprout.
Need to get onion plants and potatoes in, and then get the electric netting up to try to keep the deer out and discouraged from eating things. Also to keep the chickens out from scratching up the new plants. Deer didn't bother the potatoes last year or the peppers but demolished the green beans and the sunflowers, and ate the tomatoes but not the plants.

Happy Mother's Day to all....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went out and finished the last stringing of wire on the insulators -- protect that new fence! The goats know it's hot!!!! 👍🤣 Gotcha! Stay where you belong. Sadly, it's only one small backyard fence. I've got another half mile to wire up :idunno😣

I see corn sprouting in field next door....need them to stay off of it!!! 😵‍💫

Sun is out, nice afternoon here😁