Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning all!
Happy June 1st! Wow, 6 months remaining of this year where oh where is days going?
I need to get going on my flower beds and get them looking good but I've been slacking really really bad but it doesn't help when I get up early (around 3 like this morning) then after FH leaves I lay back down- highly thinking about doing that right now but trying to fight it so I can get what I need to accomplish done so it's less I have to do over the weekend even though he has to work on Sat and that's after pulling a double tomorrow night. FH always brings it up how much I love working outside but none of the flower beds are proof of that.
Hope everyone has a good day, blessed weekend and an excellent month.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Raining again...:thStill. More. Geeeesh.😞

It's not downpour, mudhole mess stuff...but, everyday, off/on, hard shower, then...well ruin your day kind. We've had 2.5" over a week. Some farm fields are pretty sloppy -- seeing as I drove by. Their crops and my garden both going in late 😋 it'll still grow.

Better go fill my cuppa. Everything is in the barn, looking at the rain. No need to go out.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow:frowGood June morning! I made it through
the Spring rush
-- :frow:frow
image_16891649 (1).JPG
image_67236097.JPG

I have a her that wanted to be broody in Feb. and I said not yet-- so she is again and I said ok, I gave her all the eggs from yesterday to sit on. she is only 10months old??
image_50425857.JPG

The garden is all planted and I even made a corn plot, this was a lot of hard work and I had many days that I didnt think I would walk right again haha :confused: but I made it, ;)
image_17200129.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll get a pic of the corn when I go down to water,
I started with this, hand plowed and on my knees pulling up grass & weeds,
image_67508481.JPG

and 3 days later had this,

image_67211009.JPG

but I'll get a new pic, after while

Last edited:

Latest posts