Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It's the longest night. The sun will be with us a little longer each day from here on out. Blessed Yule. 🥰
Screenshot_20231221_173515.jpg

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I grow elderberry here on farm and it's all over this area, wild. :idunno I freeze, can, dehydrate. This yr I'm going to make gummies :drool. I also have comfrey & plantain available. Got arnica seed this year...will see how that works out.
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:love:love

4 oil lamps for cheap. Those are just "in case" items. More light than a candle 👍

I keep some in the camper (which I hope to quit using) and on the fridge in the house. I also keep a lot of matches in the camper and used to in the house, more for the bathroom though:hide:lol:. If power goes out here it would only help us watch LESS tv so could be a really good thing. I regret getting tv and/or internet all the time.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom gave me one of Great Grandma's bedside oil lamps when I was down at Thanksgiving. I need to clean it up and get a wick. It's kerosene. Mom was surprised I could tell. She said there is a box of other oil lamps in the shed. Still from Great Grandma mostly though Grandma on Dads side. Dad was "Take them!" Have to dig them out though.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score