Cold!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Definitely lose.

I think we win here. Returning to the mild weather I like, even if that means the normal rain.

Screenshot_20171227-145613.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
7* right now and a clear and beautiful night! Pretty moon and stars, clear sky and the air is like breathing a mountain stream...sparkling cold and refreshing. Smells good too.

Wood stove feels great!

Hope everyone is able to stay warm, pipes don't freeze and all the livestock are snug in dry, deep bedding. :thumbsup

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It helps to share body heat in time like these. I purposely sweep up a big ole pile of sawdust in the shop for my outdoor guard dog and cat named pumpkin. Honestly it's not because i'm lazy or anything.

IMG_20171227_234842554.jpg

My left shoulder is hurting bad, happens every time it gets cold like this. Not to mention frost bite on my hands and toes come back from the days of my youth to remind me just how stupid I was when I was 8 years old :( but I won the snow ball war :)

I agree the cold is nice... Fresh air, clear skies, great for star gazing for short amounts of time.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I went outside first thing to open the chickens, barefoot. Didn't take me long to see the back behind the shed is white with snow and there is frost under my feet on the concrete. Ouch. Their water was frozen solid, so I fetched them a fresh bowl. Barefoot still. It's about 28F out there. Warm socks are a blessing.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It got down to 12 last night. I hope the hydrant at the farm isn't frozen. If it is, I'll be hauling water soon.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Awww, Crealbilly, yer kitty did a face plant! So very cute! I love it when I see dogs and cats curled in together.

3* here this frosty morning! Opened up the stove and put on some dry old pine to get it roaring and some oak on top to keep it steady. Should be toasty in here soon enough.

I'm thanking the Lord for good, free firewood and this big barrel stove...lovely abundance! Also thanking Him for my warm, comfy bed I enjoyed all night long...bliss!

I hope everyone stayed warm as toast last night too and awaken to a fine day!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
-10 here, pipes are frozen. I bought new heat tape the other day but DH didn't get home in time to put it on. So he'll thaw them out and put it on today, plenty more cold weather coming!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's snowing softly here. I love watching it fall. So far it's still something magical for me, coming from a place where snow is very rare. I hope I'll always feel this way about it :)