Cold!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
10 degrees would be a heat wave the way the rest of this week is looking. So cold. Tomorrow night will be around - 15F. Boooo

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Good heavens, that is cold. Hopefully it will warm up a fraction soon and won't cause any issues with stuff freezing. My chickens' water was frozen over this morning, but I could knock it loose and remove some of it easy. I had to go right into the back to empty the ash bucket on the compost heap and was delighted to find the mud frozen over, so I kept my shoes clean, walking over it. So there are some plusses to this nonsense lol

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it was 27 this morning. Supposed to dip down to 17 this weekend. I don't like it

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I went outside first thing to open the chickens, barefoot. Didn't take me long to see the back behind the shed is white with snow and there is frost under my feet on the concrete. Ouch. Their water was frozen solid, so I fetched them a fresh bowl. Barefoot still. It's about 28F out there. Warm socks are a blessing.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Awww, Crealbilly, yer kitty did a face plant! So very cute! I love it when I see dogs and cats curled in together.

3* here this frosty morning! Opened up the stove and put on some dry old pine to get it roaring and some oak on top to keep it steady. Should be toasty in here soon enough.

I'm thanking the Lord for good, free firewood and this big barrel stove...lovely abundance! Also thanking Him for my warm, comfy bed I enjoyed all night long...bliss!

I hope everyone stayed warm as toast last night too and awaken to a fine day!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've always lived where there is snow each year, sometimes moderate and sometimes covers the houses and I'm still not tired of it. Each time I see it I marvel at it like a little kid. It's simply beautiful, no matter how deep it gets or how long it lasts.

I hope you don't ever lose that wonder, Sumi! If you do you start grumbling at every little weather change and pretty soon nothing is wondrous to you.