Come back, Summer… Nothing to be forgiven!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oops! Glad the guy is ok! Hope it stops soon and life can get back to normal. Looks like DS is going to enjoy it while it's there!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It finally stopped snowing, after about 24 hours of it falling nonstop. DS and I went for a walk and it's a mess out there, the roads are terrible.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We can use some pointers from you all @Miss Lydia! Like how do you walk up steps when you can't see them. I went out into the backyard earlier to put some food out for the birds. I have about a foot of snow out there. Stood and looked around for a bit, taking it all in. This is so strange for me!

The snow seems to have stopped for now and there is talk of rain and flooding. The council workers are out clearing foot paths. Clearing people's doorways. The roads are still very much a mess...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's so much harder when the area is NOT accustomed to that kind of weather.... Hope this passes for you and that Spring gets going!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about that this morning, @Britesea! This is a good time to make notes of things I need to make sure to have a stockpile off. So far we're doing o.k. and it's great help that the supermarket stayed open as best they could over the last 2 days. But it's best not to have to run around buying stuff when you need it and the rest of the village are having the same idea! We had a lot of "panic shopping" over the last 2-3 days.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When they call for ice or snow here or both at once the stores get stripped down pretty fast.

As for walking down steps when you can't see them? they should be avoided at all cost least you end up on your bottom at the bottom.

I have ice tracks to keep me upright but when snow gets that deep you need snow shoes. lol

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
yep- I broke my elbow years ago, trying to go down snowy steps... right over the funny bone too; they had to give me some morphine to counter the excruciating pain and I have a pretty high pain threshold