Come back, Summer… Nothing to be forgiven!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It sure is pretty! I'm like MMD, I LOVE snow! But - not the aftermath.... mud is not so much fun.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We're up to a foot deep in places now and it's still coming down steadily.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All it takes is one little kid praying, "Lord, I sure would like to build a snowman!" At the end of long snowy winters, we used to tell our son he could stop praying for more snow... :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sumi, I saw a tractor in one of the pictures. Is that the only thing they have to move all that snow? The poor guys trying to move it must be freezing! When we had that big snowstorm here earlier this winter, no one knew how to drive in it, there was no equipment to clear the roads, no sand or salt to put on the roads, and no where to put it when we did get help. But at least we aren't on an island. In big emergencies, hurricanes, tornadoes, snowstorms, people come from all over to help. I guess I'm surprised you still have internet. We're praying for you here!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sumi, I saw a tractor in one of the pictures. Is that the only thing they have to move all that snow?
That was one of our local farmers coming in to the supermarket. They realised it would be much easier to move around on a tractor today, than taking the car! The council came through earlier and scraped the worst off the snow off the road, but it's still piled up in there.

I took this pic about an hour ago:

IMG_1442.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You can see the part of the road they scraped and the rest of the road up to the car and a delighted DS enjoying the snow lol

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do you even have snow shovels? That's another thing I took for granted when I lived up north that I didn't have here when it snowed. I bet the kids are loving the snow. :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I've seen one guy with a snow shovel digging his car out earlier. We're doing our best with my garden shovel here lol And the yard broom.

A guy just crashed his car in front my house :( Lost control on the ice and skewered it onto one of the short black poles along the foot path. He's o.k. thank goodness. That scared me a bit! It's still snowing, softer now, but it's falling. So glad we didn't get the strong winds and blizzard. Co Kildare got up to 3 feet of snow this morning.