Come on Sufficient Self, lets push for an Animal and Garden section!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I'll help a bit in my spare time. I don't mind at all, if it'll help get our new sections quicker :D
Yeh I dont care either, I usually have free time after 7 til 9. So I can help get threads organized.... :D

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Soooooo last night we were sitting down chilling in the living room after dinner watching tv and he says to me "Do you want to have a garden next summer?" :hu
I says, Um, well, I don't know, we've got to deal with the deer and all, you know (Can't shoot them where we live :hit ). You sure you want to try that?
He says, well, here's how this thought went... I was letting the dogs out late last night, and there were no less than 6 deer in the back yard. And I thought, gee, we'd have to have a big fence if we had a garden. Hey, maybe we should have a garden!
So I says, wait, let me get this straight, you thought "gee, the deer would be hard to keep out, so maybe we should have a garden?!"
Yeah, he says.

:th

SOoooo yeah, I'm gonna need that gardening forum!!!

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kstaven said:
I know. There is a whole whack of stuff in the works that keeps you up late.

The long part is going to be going through this forum and moving all the posts.

Now if we could get a couple volunteer members to help comb the site, coordinate with us and list links to posts that need to be moved.

All they would have to do is start a thread in the new section and post links in it to threads that needed to be moved there. Then the mods could move them and get things organized much faster.
I am willing to volunteer a couple hours a day. I don't post much, but I do spend a lot of time reading here everyday.

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you to all those who have reported threads that need to be moved to other sections. It has made this transition a lot easier. If in the future any of you find a thread in the wrong section just click "report" and note the thread is in the wrong section.

Once again thank you.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Soooooo last night we were sitting down chilling in the living room after dinner watching tv and he says to me "Do you want to have a garden next summer?" :hu
I says, Um, well, I don't know, we've got to deal with the deer and all, you know (Can't shoot them where we live :hit ). You sure you want to try that?
He says, well, here's how this thought went... I was letting the dogs out late last night, and there were no less than 6 deer in the back yard. And I thought, gee, we'd have to have a big fence if we had a garden. Hey, maybe we should have a garden!
So I says, wait, let me get this straight, you thought "gee, the deer would be hard to keep out, so maybe we should have a garden?!"
Yeah, he says.

:th

SOoooo yeah, I'm gonna need that gardening forum!!!
If you want, I can go on the gardening section and tell you a cheap way to keep the deer out of your garden without erecting an elaborate fencing structure...and it has worked 100% for all the years~35 years~my family has been cultivating the soils in deep country filled with deer meat on the hoof. Very little work involved, very little outlay of cash.

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Edited because I haven't been on here much and didn't realize there were new threads. Hooray!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
If you want, I can go on the gardening section and tell you a cheap way to keep the deer out of your garden without erecting an elaborate fencing structure...and it has worked 100% for all the years~35 years~my family has been cultivating the soils in deep country filled with deer meat on the hoof. Very little work involved, very little outlay of cash.
ZONG Bee!! PLEASEEEEEE share!!!! Don't keep secrets!!!!! We actually live in a section of state park, and hunting isn't allowed at all here. The deer are so bad, it is terrible. We have a lot of ticks, too, because of the high volume of wildlife, and numerous horses (and a few people) have had Lyme at the barn.
ZOMG I'm DYING to know!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive....check out the thread that KStaven started with my reply to your dilemma!