Come on Sufficient Self, lets push for an Animal and Garden section!

daver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
This idea is pretty much why I came over from BYC. Learned a lot there and still do but the perspective is way different for the most part.

I am all for it.:thumbsup

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You got my vote!
I probably never will have a herd of critters, but having all the gardening stuff in one area would be really convenient.

elevan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Great discussion! Just a heads up...you don't have to lose categories to gain categories ;)

I definitely see the perspective differences between the sites and how a garden/orchard and a livestock sub forum could be beneficial here.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I figured we didn't have to lose to gain, but truly those categories are kinda useless :p

if you add, why not change a bit around at the same time, get'er more organized for us.

elevan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I completely get what you're saying :)

Keep bringing the support and ideas.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey elevan--how about giving us free rein with the site?? :lol:

we won't do anything bad ya know. I am sure when it is done it will be a masterpiece!! :ya

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Sounds great to me! The more options, the better as I am just getting started. I like having varied perspectives to choose from!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have asked several chicken-related questions on this site, & always end up putting it under "everything else self sufficient", which seems to be the catch-all section. So yes, I vote for both a livestock AND gardening section.

Thanks for spearheading this, BB! :)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Marianne said:
You got my vote!
I probably never will have a herd of critters, but having all the gardening stuff in one area would be really convenient.
What Marianne said.

I also browse by "recent posts" like MetalSmitten mentioned above, but when I post I try to find the right category :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
hey elevan--how about giving us free rein with the site?? :lol:

we won't do anything bad ya know. I am sure when it is done it will be a masterpiece!! :ya
I don't think Elevan has the powers to just give us "free rein" as it isn't her site, but I do like the idea of new areas being added for animals/gardening.

I think it would be nice to find all the beekeeping conversations in one area, too.

Latest posts