Cordless Chainsaw

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't electric chainsaws come with a warning that due to the torque put out from them that your chaps might not be able to stop them? It's probably a little different by brand (motor) as well as corded vs cordless, but just a thought to do some research on.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Chaps are full of fluffy material designed to plug up the chain and housing to stop the chain from spinning.

There are real chainsaw chaps and not so real chainsaw chaps. This video is an example of how real chaps work.

I try to not mess around with subpar stuff. When I got some chaps I spent the money on some Husqvarna ones.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
After my last chainsaw was stolen I've finally decided we need another one. Really considering a cordless. We don't cut firewood like a lot of folks do. We mainly need it for general cleanup around the house and thought a cordless might fit our needs. Anyone have experience with a cordless? Do they have enough power to do basic jobs? And how long does the charge last?
That must be expensive... Well a corded one is expensive already... I believe the cordless one will be much more expensive... Not everyone can afford it.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my method of removing trees is to get them cut before they become big enough to need a chainsaw. :)

i have some loppers which will take down anything 3 inches or less around. it takes some muscle, but i love how quiet they are and how i don't have yet another gadget that needs to be fixed or maintained.

for bigger trees i have to worry about doing damage i have to pay someone to come take them down. well that's not happening any time soon. i've tried for years to get some trees down when they were still the size i could do it myself. nope. not allowed... grr... haha...
haha. I know that you can handle those big trees. using such chainsaw has that capability... ohhh I really wish that I can have the same gear. I would be really happy.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have taken down trees with a hammer and chisel, but my preference would be to leave them standing for the wood peckers and other animals that would use them. as long as they aren't a danger to anyone i'd rather just leave them alone. the tree we have too close to the house needs to come out and i can't do that.
from the pain I'm feeling right now because of my abscessed tooth. that cordless chain saw, Looks like a Bright Idea.

Latest posts