Cornish Cross Spring 2020

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this is my first batch. I'm hoping they get big. I think they are about 4 weeks.
20200514_193758.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slow down! But, I'm jealous of dewberry picking. I don't dare... I refuse to ever wander in the brush again because of the "poisons." But, I have mulberries. YUM!
Slow down? Don't think so! LOL You must be sensitive to poison oak AKA Virginia Creeper. So am I. Hate the stuff. Naturally it grows in the dewberries and every durned thing else around here.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
this is my first batch. I'm hoping they get big. I think they are about 4 weeks.

Just keep feed in front of them. I usually slaughter around 2 1/2 months. By that time, they are HUGE. This time i started at 2 months, would have already been done by now, but had things to do.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fry them up! They are tasty!!
I kept out the gizzards, my husband loves fried gizzards. I like fried chicken livers, but I just don't want any. I still have a few packages from last year. I got 14 quarts of chicken leftovers canned today for the dogs. I got 7 quarts of broth canned for us. I cooked a pot of chicken skin (from the skinless, boneless breast} for the dogs, DH mixed some with their kibble. They licked the pan and Sentry asked for more. LOL

10 more to butcher and I sold 4 of them to two different ladies via text, so that leaves 6 to give to DD and family. They only like breast, they can have all of that white mush.