Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
national guard has been mobilized where i live. they are staging at a large church and I've heard they are flying alot of helicopters in and out of a neighboring town.

all I can say is this. body armor isn't going to stop a load of buckshot to the face. I dont care how many are in a unit carrying firearms. they come on my property and it's gonna get ugly
Chic, what is the governor's reasoning behind the National Guard being there? I wouldn't like it either Be safe!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
National guard was at the food bank I went to last week.

Past that some of the local grocery stores have been using them to assist with semi deliveries of groceries and tp.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As long as they aren't being issued weapons, they may be helping with logistical support. (hospitals, shipping companies, etc)

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Chic, what is the governor's reasoning behind the National Guard being there? I wouldn't like it either Be safe!

it's your governor too. Abbott said something a couple weeks ago about using them to aid relief efforts or some hogwash.
they can aid all they want...OFF my property

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor! I am southwest of Houston and have not seen the National Guard in our area. Hope I don't!

Anxious to hear what our governor is going to say about opening the state up.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor! I am southwest of Houston and have not seen the National Guard in our area. Hope I don't!

Anxious to hear what our governor is going to say about opening the state up.
me2

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
national guard has been mobilized where i live. they are staging at a large church and I've heard they are flying alot of helicopters in and out of a neighboring town.

all I can say is this. body armor isn't going to stop a load of buckshot to the face. I dont care how many are in a unit carrying firearms. they come on my property and it's gonna get ugly

Lots of protests around the country. Calm and cool heads prevail my friend. My biggest concern right now, if people don't simmer down. The next step for governors and those within the states, is not a pretty one at all.

Last edited:

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lots of protests around the country. Calm and cool heads prevail my friend. My biggest concern right now, if people don't simmer down. The next step for governors and those within the states, is not a pretty one at all.

all I can say is bring it

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
National Guard was deployed to replace polling place workers here since so many poll workers are elderly/high-risk. Not everything has to involve weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.