Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Guard were deployed here to help with testing and field hospitals if needed. We thankfully didnt need the latter as early social distancing prevented it from getting as bad here. They are following what worked in 1918 against the Spanish Flu spreading. The field hospitals were already dismantled.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is not politics. What the Chinese government did was wrong and this needs to be investigated. People are dead all over the world and it ain’t over yet.

Note I said Chinese GOVERNMENT. I have nothing against the Chinese people, they are victims just as much as everyone else is.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t think we are the only country less than happy with China. China has been courting Africa and now the African people are sick. Being poor countries, they don’t have the medical resources more developed countries do. The Chinese government isn’t rushing in to help either.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Early on, in the corona virus emergence, there was an article implicating that lab. Then, everything about that lab was hushed. Now, it's coming back to light. I will repeat what I said in the beginning: I think this is a science experiment gone VERY wrong.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
if it wasn't intended all along. The CCP has shown more than once that they care NOT A JOT about their people (does anyone even remember Tiananmen Square anymore?) so the fact that their own people are dying doesn't matter if they gain an advantage on the world stage. Even if the suspicions about at least 2 MILLION cell phone accounts going inactive (possible clue that they have under-reported their own C-virus cases by a huge factor?) that's just a drop in the bucket compared to their 1.4 billion population.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here I see a few hot spots where an "a symptom" has been in contact with a number of others -- almost exclusively at tight work -- and that is in the shipyards here. Close quarters. They such some down. Quarantine, sanitize, etc.

While there are shortages and empty shelves, a lot has to do with where the store happens to be -- i.e close to housing, apartments, or country farms, etc. Of course, paper products, then sugar, flour, yeast, breads, potted meats cheeses and raw meats are most common. Some areas -- milk & eggs go very fast.

The more we hear about food issues, the more I see things being hoarded. It's a fear & prep for worse to come and it is coming. Prices are going up -- well, in a sneaky way -- same price, less quantity. Availability WILL become more of an issue, in a few months.

GROW -- CAN, FREEZE, DEHYDRATE. You will be thankful you did. Most of us already do but, increase. Not a fear, a fact.

Only National Guard activity I've seen has been to assist with food movement, temporary hospital &/or testing site set ups, temp food bank handing out to drive-by, etc. Just being used as many volunteers can't/won't be able to in numbers needed. I've seen nothing that contains weapons or takeovers.....some crowd monitoring in the sense of directions with signs, barricades, etc. All calm & helpful to date. Even some truckloads of food packages to outlying areas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.