Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As of yesterday, there were no cases here in Maine. Yet, it's already been determined that UMO will be closed down after the spring break.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As of today there are no persons who have been TESTED positive in Maine. Doesn’t mean there aren’t infected folks there...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are two cases in my county and one case in a neighboring county. We are going to get more dog food and feed. I need enough feed to finish out the Cornish Cross we just got and enough to feed pigs. Horses and sheep can eat hay if need be. Us-we're good.

In the middle of all this, our son in law got a job as an assistant principle, and hefty pay raise in Odessa, 7-8 hours away, he starts next week. They got an offer on their house and the buyer wants to close on April 9. DD has a job interview for a Dean position a week from tomorrow. We are behind them all the way, but this sure is bad timing. Who could see this coming?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who could see this coming?

No one, that's why I'm destressing on the front porch. The sound of bull frogs is soothing, my wife's Rottweiler is snoring, asleep at my feet. It's been a half hour and no car has passed by the house and I have a nice cold pint of beer. All is good over here 👍

Cheers
IMG_20200311_213235535.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Things are getting weird... This is a txt I sent my nearest neighbor. He's usually really good about asking me if I will tend to his horses when he's going to be away for anytime at all.
IMG_20200311_224944.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well ain't this just all sunshine and rainbows... Frankly... It conserns me about as much as a chain smoker hanging around a gas station.

"COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days."

Link --->

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
way back in mid January when news started popping up about this virus i said that they should shut down international travel at once. i mean they shut down the airplanes for 9/11 and that was a limited attack and not a new disease! at least until they had a grip on how much quarantine and testing they needed to do. any reasonable person would have said that was ok to avoid thousands of deaths...

now we get to see how this plays out. is it going to be quick or slow? *sigh*

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well ain't this just all sunshine and rainbows... Frankly... It conserns me about as much as a chain smoker hanging around a gas station.

"COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days."

Link --->

that is not news... almost all viruses can live in the air when someone coughs or sneezes as they are within the liquid you spray out when you cough or sneeze.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If this were to last for months and months I'd definitely run out of TP - horror!
We have enough, I think. But if we don't, I have pinking shears and several old flannel sheets. Family cloth sounds weird to those of us who grew up with paper, but it's really no worse than cloth diapers, and I dealt with those for years. I've read that the cloth is softer and more pleasant to use than any paper product.

Status
Not open for further replies.