Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are preparing for lockdown here. I have 1 Tai Chi class I'm committed to lead, after that, I won't be going into town except for emergencies. I am not panicking; but I have the ability to do this so it seems foolish to keep shopping and going to events and such. I would have liked to have more rubbing alcohol on hand, but it is what it is.

I hope the internet stays up for a long time (it may eventually fail if too many people are too sick to maintain it) because that will be our main source of socialization.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nah, i don't think the internet is going to fail as there will be enough automated servers still up and running and it is distributed enough in most places to work around temporary outages.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
nah, i don't think the internet is going to fail as there will be enough automated servers still up and running and it is distributed enough in most places to work around temporary outages.
And, having been in IT for decades, my experience is that introverted network techies have been self quarantining for as long as I can remember. Lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
World Health Organization declares Chinese COVID-19 a Global Pandemic.

But I believe we all suspected this was going to happen. Please remember Preparedness, not panic, is the right frame of mind to have.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just had a conversation with my wife about preparedness. Basicly there is nothing we need for lockdown. My wife said and I agree with her we have enough food for 6 months and there are just a few small things we would like to have on hand. She is going to go and get those tomorrow. Also living were we live, we have no direct contact with people, unless we go and visit, go into town or people come visit us. So it's easy for us to lock down.

On a sad note though, I just found out my son in law, works in a small shop and one of his co-workers flew back from California to Virginia Saturday. And was informed yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon that 3 TSA agents that checked him, tested positive for Chinese COVID-19. He was at work Monday and a big part of Tuesday. Being a small shop, my son in law had direct contact with the guy both days. So was he infected? We don't know yet, we are praying not.

Like I said before, this is a major event and will impact each and everyone of us even if we don't contact the Chinese COVID-19 virus and it already has impacted all of us.

Remember... Preparedness, not panic! <--- I got to keep telling myself that.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just had a conversation with my wife about preparedness. Basicly there is nothing we need for lockdown. My wife said and I agree with her we have enough food for 6 months and there are just a few small things we would like to have on hand. She is going to go and get those tomorrow. Also living were we live, we have no direct contact with people, unless we go and visit, go into town or people come visit us. So it's easy for us to lock down.

On a sad note though, I just found out my son in law, works in a small shop and one of his co-workers flew back from California to Virginia Saturday. And was informed yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon that 3 TSA agents that checked him, tested positive for Chinese COVID-19. He was at work Monday and a big part of Tuesday. Being a small shop, my son in law had direct contact with the guy both days. So was he infected? We don't know yet, we are praying not.

Like I said before, this is a major event and will impact each and everyone of us even if we don't contact the Chinese COVID-19 virus and it already has impacted all of us.

Remember... Preparedness, not panic! <--- I got to keep telling myself that.
Praying for your son in law (and for all of us, really). I keep telling myself too, that if the answer to my prayers is "no", there's a better place on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.