Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My dtr tested positive for CV and is sick. This is the first time anyone I know personally has been ill. However, hubby shared a post by a guy who was testing the system and had: simultaneously 2 negative and 2 positive tests.
I cant believe anything Elok Musk says. He's biased and crazy. Who uses 4 tests at the same time? (Hint: someone with an agenda). He's not some random guy with a test fluke. He's trying to cause distrust and unrest.

Of course there are false negatives, I know someone who had a false negative COVID test just over a week ago. It happens, especially with the type of test mentioned in the article.

I hope your daughter pulls through okay. Its a little scary not bring able to predict who will be okay and who will have severe symtpoms or long term impact like psychiatric diagnoses or post-viral dysautonomia.

Of the people I know who have or have had it, all but 2 made a speedy recovery. One of those who isnt doing well has the same chronic illnesses that I have. I sure hope she recovers completely.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My grocery pickup order is in. Need to stop at the pharmacy to get pseudoephedrine. I hate that I can only buy 2 weeks worth at a time, and I cant get it through pharmacy drive thru.

I dont expect to go anywhere for 2 weeks, and that will just be to the pharmacy.

Here we go! 🤣 It's little change for us, not really a big deal. My opportunity to learn to shop every 2 weeks... or maybe once a month.

Before March 2020, I was grocery shopping almost every day!!! 🤣

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I rarely "need" to go to town. I go for feed about every other week. I could live without buying any groceries for months - especially now that I get a produce delivery from Imperfect Foods every week. But, DH has appointment after appointment that he goes to. He's got several cardiologist appointments coming up, an eye doc appointment and multiple dental appointments too. Hard to socially isolate when you have to be around doctors all the time!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I rarely "need" to go to town. I go for feed about every other week. I could live without buying any groceries for months - especially now that I get a produce delivery from Imperfect Foods every week. But, DH has appointment after appointment that he goes to. He's got several cardiologist appointments coming up, an eye doc appointment and multiple dental appointments too. Hard to socially isolate when you have to be around doctors all the time!

that is tough. they may cancel some things that aren't absolutely emergencies coming up if the infection rate keeps climbing.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The borders just opened to my state yesterday :( the numbers are low but even New Zealand is getting random cases here and there. I avoid town as much as I can over the Christmas season anyway so am well stocked but still need a couple trips to the coast between now and next year.

My congregation still meets on zoom even though it's legal for us to meet now. I much prefer it.

I hope anyone on here ill recovers well.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My grocery pickup order is in. Need to stop at the pharmacy to get pseudoephedrine. I hate that I can only buy 2 weeks worth at a time, and I cant get it through pharmacy drive thru.

I dont expect to go anywhere for 2 weeks, and that will just be to the pharmacy.

Here we go! 🤣 It's little change for us, not really a big deal. My opportunity to learn to shop every 2 weeks... or maybe once a month.

Before March 2020, I was grocery shopping almost every day!!! 🤣
Can you send your husband in to buy the pseudoephedrine? Or maybe family members or friends to get you a good supply for the next few months?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we heard yesterday that one relative is in the ICU and may need to be put on a ventilator. the rest of their family is also all infected. the spouse is also not doing well, but not sure what that meant as i wasn't the person who talked on the phone with my cousin yesterday. both babies and parents have it, brother and sister have it and grandparents both got it. all infected via asymptomatic cow-orker at a restaurant one of the family members worked at. :(

with the way the rest of the state is going i expect some kind of restrictions to be put into place sooner or later again. the hospitals are getting full. :(

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My family is all healthy so far, but Texas cases are surging and many people refuse to wear masks and try to get right up in your face for good eye contact when they are talking. Worked for a couple of them yesterday. I make my own masks, fairly tightly woven quilting type cotton prints. They seem to work, been wearing in public and working outdoors mostly but some indoors since March, not sick yet.

I go to the grocery store when I need to, don't do anything unnecessary medically or shopping wise. So far so good. Texas is not restricting much, even in El Paso where they have brought in portable tents for treatment and truck morgues. The bars are back open, the young people filling them are most likely to be asymptomatic spreaders so I am avoiding all public contact that I can. I don't feel comfortable eating in at restaurants. Fortunately a couple of my daughters also take precautions like these so we see each other.

The 3rd daughter we are kind of all dodging. She is not sure covid is real. and yeah, that's awkward

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can you send your husband in to buy the pseudoephedrine? Or maybe family members or friends to get you a good supply for the next few months?
I'm going to try phenylephedrine. Its not restricted and its supposed to have the same effects on my dx. I can buy it online. 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.