Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My half brother had covid back in July. He works as an orderly at one of the Wenatchee hospitals and caught it there. He got it fairly mildly but still has problems breathing.

Mom has canceled any Thanksgiving. Umatilla county is still too high on covid cases and my SIL travels to too many people's houses for her job. She's had to be tested and the family quarantine for a few days while awaiting results a few times.

We rarely catch the cold or flu since I'm freaking paranoid because they get into my lungs and don't leave for 4-6 months. We've taken precautions and carried hand sanitizer for years. Hubby takes precautions because it worries him when I can't breathe and he doesn't want to give anything to me.

I also call out disease vectors in public and shame them, though. More than one woman has been forced, red faced, to wash her hands before leaving the bathroom. This has all stood us in good stead with this crap.

Lately I've been accusing people who try to stand right up behind me if they are trying to get into my purse. I can see no valid reason for them to be standing closer to me than my husband. Before this I'd loudly say "Back off you pervert." Everyone staring makes miracles happen.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We rarely catch the cold or flu since I'm freaking paranoid because they get into my lungs and don't leave for 4-6 months. We've taken precautions and carried hand sanitizer for years

Same here. My car has always had hand sanitizer stashed in it. And since I moved here I started wearing a poncho when I go out. Small minded small town people are creeped out by such a display of hippy behaviour, and keep their distance lol. It's not as affective in the city where I shop on the coast, so I'm Gona use your pervert line next time :clap

We shouldn't have opened the border :( people are complacent. The news seems to downplay the impact it is having overseas and there is pressure to keep the boarders open, even though the majority of us in WA don't have the money to travel even if we wanted to. There has been a cluster discovered in South Australia one day after they allowed free travel between the states.

Is TG Thanksgiving? Halloween was big here this year, but the kids had to stick to the houses that signed up for it, so no one came by here. Plus I trim the hedges on Halloween. Poncho AND hedge clippers = totally scary crazy witch woman, stear clear!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never used hand sanitizer until Covid. My immunity is strong and I want to keep it that way, so exposure to germs is not fearful to me. But this Covid stuff is something I don't want. But I may have already been exposed and just not showed symptoms. In February "something" ripped through my family and we babysat the little girls, then DH got very sick, but not me. It took several rounds of antibiotics, a shot of antibiotics, steriods and inhaler for him to kick it. Then he was short of breath and wore out after only an hour or two outside, and had to come in, exhausted. That lasted for 3 months.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We think DH might have had a bout with it back in April. He was soooo sick with fever, headache, body aches, cough, tight chest, major fatigue...all the classic symptoms. He went to the local clinic and got tested. They tested him for Covid and flu - flu test was negative. (Doc told him that he was sicker than many he tested whose Covid tests came back positive.) We waited and waited for the result and after about 10 days they called us and said something had 'gone wrong' with his test so he had to go back in and get retested. That test came back negative. Who knows if he had it or not - but the Doc sure indicated that he had. I'd love for him to get an antibody test - but now, at 7 months later, who knows what it would show?

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just saw on the news that stores are starting to limit your purchases re essential items again. sigh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.